Memory Performance Tweaks

OP
vvildcard

vvildcard

Reaction score
I suspect they're sticking on that device because they're using Cyanogen and a phone that has full access to the phone and it's OS. My understanding is that the X2 reverts after every reboot (I suspect Blur's boot procedures resets them).

If you still can't find the 99... script, let me know what settings you want to run it with and I'll just post the script for you.

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Stock roms don't have init.d boot scripts enabled so stock roms have to configure script manager to run /data/99supercharger.sh on boot.

The only way it can possibly work automatically is if the rom will load a /data/local/userinit.sh on boot.

For the adventurous, you can create a /system/etc/init.d folder so the script thinks that you have a custom rom.
Then run the script and pick a setting.
Reboot.
If your settings stick, then id be pleasantly surprised :p

To undo, just delete the init.d folder and run the script again.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

carbfrze

Reaction score
gmail sync now not working

not sure if this is the right forum to put this in also or not. But now I notice that my Gmail is no longer syncing by itself. I've checked some other forums and noticed that Email and Corporate Sync is greyed out. Any quick suggestions or should I open a different thread for this?

---- Nevermind forgot that I had installed SwitchPro and had disabled Auto-Sync -----
I found a bunch of threads on this and only found the solution in one for future reference in case anyone else has this problem.

Last edited:

Terri M

Reaction score
Awesome write up and explanation, vvildcard!! Thanks!

Sent from my DROID X² using DroidForums

carbfrze

Reaction score
Stock roms don't have init.d boot scripts enabled so stock roms have to configure script manager to run /data/99supercharger.sh on boot.

The only way it can possibly work automatically is if the rom will load a /data/local/userinit.sh on boot.

For the adventurous, you can create a /system/etc/init.d folder so the script thinks that you have a custom rom.
Then run the script and pick a setting.
Reboot.
If your settings stick, then id be pleasantly surprised :p

To undo, just delete the init.d folder and run the script again.

Just out of curiosity I went to create the folder and it was already created and low and behold the 99Chargertrade file is sitting in there. Should I use this file to continue my steps? Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

OP
vvildcard

vvildcard

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity I went to create the folder and it was already created and low and behold the 99Chargertrade file is sitting in there. Should I use this file to continue my steps? Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Depends on whether or not the script is being run on boot, or not. Scripts in /etc/init.d/ are supposed to be run automatically on boot, but since this is a custom kernel, we really don't know if Motorola disabled that or not (they clearly took the time to delete init.d from the stock image).

Reboot your phone and run the main script (V6_SuperCharger...) and see what the minfree values are... if they're set, then the script is running from /etc/init.d/ during boot, if they're not set, then tell Script Manager to run 99SuperCharger.sh on boot.

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
That'd be freaky if the X2 loaded up the init.d script

carbfrze

Reaction score
checked the setting in v6 supercharger

Ok I checked the minded settings and they are: 9.625 14.5 28.875 33.625 38.5 38.5

So I think that from this I need to tell the 99charger script to run at boot?

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yes have SM load /data/99SuperCharger.sh to run as root and at boot

carbfrze

Reaction score
thanks everyone

Thanks vvildcard and zeppelin for all the help. That is working, i had the option to show boot scripts checked just to be sure and the next time i rebooted my phone after doing the steps everything is working great. I double checked the settings in the V6 SuperCharger script and they are exactly as I had set them before rebooting.

Any suggestions on what apps and services are safe to freeze? I've tried to follow a couple of examples but they were for the Droid X and the last time I tried to do it my Contacts and Wifi both stopped working....

THanks again for all the help!dancedroid

JerseyFrankU

Reaction score
perhaps, l8r you could pass on the blessing?

Thanks vvildcard and zeppelin for all the help. That is working, i had the option to show boot scripts checked just to be sure and the next time i rebooted my phone after doing the steps everything is working great. I double checked the settings in the V6 SuperCharger script and they are exactly as I had set them before rebooting.

Any suggestions on what apps and services are safe to freeze? I've tried to follow a couple of examples but they were for the Droid X and the last time I tried to do it my Contacts and Wifi both stopped working....

THanks again for all the help!dancedroid
karma, if you want :) - i need to step out for most of the day - but - i too have lost the function of my contacts-- :-/ - aaand - i'm just too dense to get it off the printed version - perhaps you or someone might be able to reach back via audio or im chat to beat me over the head w/ how simple this is? (bet it ain't as simple as me..:p)

Also - I do mean to thank all you (dev) guys - for all your work - communication just wouldn't be the same w/o you:)

droidcny

Reaction score
My launcher still redraws after running supercharger. When I go into the program, it shows the custom settings previously mentioned in here. I'm conused as to why it's doing this.

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Does it say weak launcher?