Memory Optimizer To Stop Maps From Crashing?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by phaze3131, Jan 31, 2012.

1. phaze3131

phaze3131 New Member

Been having the problem of Google maps crashing with no force close message.

I'm running Chevy's latest rom on D1.

I read that it's a memory issue and that maps is one of the first thing Gingerbread closes when it frees memory.

Just looking for a way to get my phone so the maps app won't crash every time I open it.

thanks for the help!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  2. meishkov

meishkov New Member

Yea everytime I use Google maps on my OG it reminds me that I need to upgrade soon. Try the v6 script from zeppelinrox over at xda? Just one of those things that us OG owners have to deal with, to be honest I'm pretty sure my phone ran a lot better before gingerbread, like a year ago or whenever that was. I mean it works, Just takes forever, like pressing somethin and having to wait for the system to catch with it, things like that drive me crazy, I mean its 2012 for God's sake, lag in electronics should be a thing of the past, but crap, we're not there yet. We need the rest of the world to get out of they're idiocracy era of history, and get on our level. I'm referring to all people, not just foreigns, but all humans who r not associated with droidforums. I think all of us on droidforums should start our own society of intellects who know what really makes the world go round. Shall we start a petition??

Sent from my OG using DroidForums
  3. phaze3131

phaze3131 New Member

ty for the reply but still haven't found a way to stop Google Maps from crashing, any ideas?
  4. meishkov

meishkov New Member

Not sure if its still a problem for you or not, but besides the usual v6 supercharger suggestion, I'd say go into the Steel Droid section and there's a RAM tweak thread at the top, read the directions and follow them, and it should help. I'm running pretty smoothly after doing that, tho I sbf'd back to stock then loaded a new ROM so tough to tell which one it is, but I'm having no trouble with Maps or anything else at the moment. OG is feeling like a nexus right now.
    Xda is where it originated from, the milestone forums there are extremely active it seems, since its more worldwide and not really Verizon exclusive for the most part. But I was telling someone the other day kinda funny how just now over 2 years after the phone came out, That all these essential tweaks and scripts come into the light. A true testament to the dedication and intelligence of the xda and DF family!!! ;-)

Sent from my OG using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
android google map quit crash

google maps crash in my android razr

stop maps