Memory Help

PARick

Reaction score
I did a search, with some results, but not specific enough, so sorry if this is repeated. I keep getting a low memorn notification. I went through my apps one by one, and found two that said they could be moved to my SD card. I figured this had to be incorrect, so I downloaded apps to sd (somehow doesn't make sense to download an app to remove apps :))and it showed no apps available to move. I find this hard to believe out of like 60 apps, none can be moved? Is there a way to force them on my SD Card? thanks for the help!

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
I also should mention I am not rooted.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
I also should mention I am not rooted.

Download Titanium Backup. It has an option under Backup/Restore when you long press a white text app, to move to the SD card. TB works with the least problems of all the methods I've used for apps currently on the internal memory.

listenman20

Reaction score
Titanium Backup is for root users. he said he's not rooted.

i've seen this happen once with a bad install of pandora. i've read of others having this problem with other apps. they usually have to go thru one by one uninstalling apps til the problem is fixed. then reinstall.

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! For some reason one of my apps updated yesterday, and gave me the option to move to sd card.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! For some reason one of my apps updated yesterday, and gave me the option to move to sd card.

Each app must be modified by the developer to allow it to be moved to the SD card by stock Froyo. Hopefully more apps will be updated over time. As other have said if you root there are other options.

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
What is odd, I can go to a site and download apk files straight to my sd card. So, they function fine on the sd card.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
What is odd, I can go to a site and download apk files straight to my sd card. So, they function fine on the sd card.

Do you mean you are downloading them to the SD card, then installing them? Or you have them installing directly to the SD card?

If the first, they are still installing to the internal memory. Or did you set things up some other way to have them install there?

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score

Do you mean you are downloading them to the SD card, then installing them? Or you have them installing directly to the SD card?

If the first, they are still installing to the internal memory. Or did you set things up some other way to have them install there?

I download them to the computer, then drah them to the SD card. They show as being on the SD Card.

listenman20

Reaction score
I download them to the computer, then drah them to the SD card. They show as being on the SD Card.

correct. the .apk file is on the sd card but when you install it installs on the phone's internal memory. the .apk file will still be on the card but not running from there. kinda like when you d/l an .exe for your pc. it's the setup file. it will actually install(generally) on your "c:" drive.

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score

correct. the .apk file is on the sd card but when you install it installs on the phone's internal memory. the .apk file will still be on the card but not running from there. kinda like when you d/l an .exe for your pc. it's the setup file. it will actually install(generally) on your "c:" drive.

Ok, makes sense. I just wish there was a way for us unrooted users to put the apps on the SAD Card to preserve memory.

listenman20

Reaction score
Ok, makes sense. I just wish there was a way for us unrooted users to put the apps on the SAD Card to preserve memory.

i understand your feeling on this. which is why a lot of us have rooted. but the dev for each app has to set it up to install to card. personally i don't use the forcing apps to sd. on the things i have read it doesn't really slow it down noticeably but i really don't like having that many apps. so i don't need that much storage.