memory card

findit

Reaction score
what is the quikest easy way to see what is on the card? Right now I can't find a way to see what files are on the card, and can you go in and delete unwanted files?

bastosero

Reaction score
what is the quikest easy way to see what is on the card? Right now I can't find a way to see what files are on the card, and can you go in and delete unwanted files?

There are a lot of file managers in the app market. One of the most popular is called Astro File Manager. It's free and one of the best ones out there.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
+1 for ASTRO. It allows you to do many things.

OP
findit

findit

Reaction score
Is there a way of doing it without dowloading an app. I downloaded astro but it was a bit too much I thought. Is there a good more simpler app?

bastosero

Reaction score
Is there a way of doing it without dowloading an app. I downloaded astro but it was a bit too much I thought. Is there a good more simpler app?

I believe you're going to have to download one to be able to edit them anyway. You can also try Linda Manager in the app market.

OR

You can just plug your Droid with the USB cable to your computer and then mount your SD card and view the contents of your SD card on your computer.

Last edited:

toddegreene

Reaction score
The other way is to attach your Droid to your computer with the USB cable, mount it and use your PC's file manager.

ShowTime

Reaction score
There's not going to be an app much simpler than Astro. What about the app were you having difficulties with? Perhaps we can walk you through it.

Also, you can see and edit files on your SD card without an app by connecting your Droid to your PC. Not nearly as convenient as having an app to do it anywhere right on your phone, but it does function pretty much exactly like any normal PC drive, which might make it easier for you.

edit: ah ninja'd by both of you....

OP
findit

findit

Reaction score
If I hook it up to the computer can you post some quik step by step on how to mount and view the files?

bastosero

Reaction score
If I hook it up to the computer can you post some quik step by step on how to mount and view the files?

Plug the USB on your Droid then the computer. Click the menu button on your phone and choose Notifications (or drag down the Notifications from the top). Next, tap on USB connected. A box will pop up and choose Mount. Now, go to your computer and go to Start. Then, choose My Computer. It should be one of the drives there now. Once you are done viewing the SD card, go back to the Notifications and unmount your SD card.

OP
findit

findit

Reaction score
can you damage your card if you forget to unmount?

eliassami5

Reaction score
can you damage your card if you forget to unmount?

if you unmount it in the middle of it copying or doing other processes then it might have negative effects. That happened with my brand new 8G usb flash drive after i unplugged it without safely dismounting it first. It could no longer be read by my computer and i had to get a replacement. So now i unmount every time i take something off my computer, weather it be an external hard drive, usb flash drive, zune, or my droid. Its just a good habit to get into.