Memory card swapping??

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by bailman, Nov 5, 2012.

1. bailman

bailman New Member

If I take the card from my thunderbolt and put it into a S3, will I be able to view the pictures from my old phone? Will I be able to also play the audio files on it? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

2. JRParsons

JRParsons Member

The short answer is yes, I but when I took the card from my Thunderbolt and put it in my s3, I I put the card in my pc and deleted everything that wasn't a photo or song. This freed up a bunch of space on my card.
  3. bailman

bailman New Member

Ok, that's what I was hoping to hear. How are you liking the s3 compared to the bolt? Did you get the 16 or 32GB?

4. JRParsons

JRParsons Member

I preordered a 32 blue, to keep unlimited data. The S3 is a better device in all areas except for a few things. I have had 2 dropped calls at my house on the Samsung while I had none on the Thunderbolt. Also I didn't like the music player and dropped $5 for Poweramp. The last thing is the email program, there is no way that I can find to keep emails from being deleted from the phone without leaving them on the server (I use a pop3 email). I used to like having a copy of all of my emails on my phone, I found it very convenient when I was travelling and had to talk to a client and reference an email they may have sent me.
    Other than those issues, everything else is better, screen, battery, ICS, etc.
    Also, I use a non-stock keyboard, which I also did on the Tbolt, if I remember correctly, I didn't like the stock keyboard on the S3.
    I've had a few people comment on how nice the screen is, I could feel the screen envy from an iPhone using friend of mine.
    Enjoy your new phone, you made a good choice.
  5. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Some people have put SD cards in their S3 only to find them unreadable. If possible I would suggest backing up the files on the card, formatting the card, and then copying the files back to the card.
  6. drew

drew New Member

I put my SD card from my T-bolt into my S3. I cleaned up the card after I realized you can't store apps to it (without rooting). A huge improvement over the T-Bolt, love the phone, and have kept it stock so far.
Search tags for this page
can a droid sd card fit into samsung galaxy s4
can a htc thunderbold sd card fit in a samsung galaxy s4?
does droid 4 memory card fit in samsung s4
is htc thunderbolt memory card fit galaxy s3
memory swap galaxy s3

sd card from thunderbolt to galaxy 4

swap memory cards in galaxy s3

swap memory cards samsung galaxy s3

swap memory for galaxy ace 3

swap memory galaxy fit

swap memory galaxy s3
swap memory samsung galaxy ace3
swap memory samsung galaxy fit
swap memory samsung s4