Memory card swapping??

bailman

Reaction score
If I take the card from my thunderbolt and put it into a S3, will I be able to view the pictures from my old phone? Will I be able to also play the audio files on it? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

JRParsons

Reaction score
The short answer is yes, I but when I took the card from my Thunderbolt and put it in my s3, I I put the card in my pc and deleted everything that wasn't a photo or song. This freed up a bunch of space on my card.

OP
B

bailman

Reaction score
Ok, that's what I was hoping to hear. How are you liking the s3 compared to the bolt? Did you get the 16 or 32GB?

JRParsons

Reaction score
I preordered a 32 blue, to keep unlimited data. The S3 is a better device in all areas except for a few things. I have had 2 dropped calls at my house on the Samsung while I had none on the Thunderbolt. Also I didn't like the music player and dropped $5 for Poweramp. The last thing is the email program, there is no way that I can find to keep emails from being deleted from the phone without leaving them on the server (I use a pop3 email). I used to like having a copy of all of my emails on my phone, I found it very convenient when I was travelling and had to talk to a client and reference an email they may have sent me.
Other than those issues, everything else is better, screen, battery, ICS, etc.
Also, I use a non-stock keyboard, which I also did on the Tbolt, if I remember correctly, I didn't like the stock keyboard on the S3.
I've had a few people comment on how nice the screen is, I could feel the screen envy from an iPhone using friend of mine.
Enjoy your new phone, you made a good choice.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Some people have put SD cards in their S3 only to find them unreadable. If possible I would suggest backing up the files on the card, formatting the card, and then copying the files back to the card.

drew

Reaction score
I put my SD card from my T-bolt into my S3. I cleaned up the card after I realized you can't store apps to it (without rooting). A huge improvement over the T-Bolt, love the phone, and have kept it stock so far.