Memory card not found when mounted to PC

fucco

Reaction score
All of the sudden when i plug the bionic into either of my windows 7 pc i cant view the memory card. The phone shows it is charging. I have swapped the cables and tried different usb ports. I have also tried 2 different computers. I have rebooted the computer as well as the phone including as battery pull. When i plug in the usb port the computer does nothing and the phone does nothing. I do not even get the window on the phone popping up asking me what i want to do? This just started to happen. It was working find. Any suggestions?? The bionic also tells me the sd is mounted in the phone

WVOz1970

Reaction score
Verify the USB settings on the pull down menu. Maybe change it to charge only then back to USB mass storage? Some kind of reset there might do the trick.

OP
F

fucco

Reaction score
the pull down menu does not appear at all that is the problem

OP
F

fucco

Reaction score
is there a app/program that runs this that i can check??

OP
F

fucco

Reaction score
Yeah but i can not accsess the card, i cant figure this out for hours. I plug the usb cable in but nothing happens on the phone. The notification bar shows no longer shows any options on what to do. the phone is charging though

Sebastian

Reaction score
Yeah but i can not accsess the card, i cant figure this out for hours. I plug the usb cable in but nothing happens on the phone. The notification bar shows no longer shows any options on what to do. the phone is charging though

I ran into the same issue. You need to use the OEM cable that came with the BIONIC.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
F

fucco

Reaction score
that did it, unreal. You have to use a motorola usb cord. I have a bunch of usb cords and I was using 2 different but the sames LG cords. These both worked for years on my original droid. They do not work on the bionic apparently. As soon as i used a motorola usb cable the option to mount the card popped right up. Guess i will have to buy a couple cords on ebay. thanks for the tip

OP
F

fucco

Reaction score
i have 2 motorola logo usb cord in the house and when i connect those two cords the phone works. When i use the two with the LG logo it does not work. I think you just have to use motorola OEM cords. I just ordered 4 oem motorola usb cables on ebay.

Sebastian

Reaction score
that did it, unreal. You have to use a motorola usb cord. I have a bunch of usb cords and I was using 2 different but the sames LG cords. These both worked for years on my original droid. They do not work on the bionic apparently. As soon as i used a motorola usb cable the option to mount the card popped right up. Guess i will have to buy a couple cords on ebay. thanks for the tip

No worries. I know, it's a pain in the ass.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

WVOz1970

Reaction score
It will charge on a non-OEM but it does seem that it only connects on an OEM. It works on both my "EcoMoto" cables from my old Droid 1, but nothing else for data.

Gelzyme

Reaction score
I have a variant on this problem. When I use the Motorola USB cord, it recognizes two different "drives" from the same SD card. One drive has all my files as I copied them over from my Droid1's SD card, the other only has a dcim folder (w/ camera photos in it), a folder called LOST.DIR, and a folder called Playlists. I don't understand why, and recently it has only been recognizing the latter and not the former. It's driving me nuts. Any help?