Memory card encrypted and locked. Help?

TheGrimRAZR

Reaction score
Okay. So this is my second DROID RAZR (thank you Jon ▓-_-▓). So I went and used my insurance to get a new phone and I am using the previous SIMS and 16gb memory card (or SD card). For the life of me, I cannot remember what the password was when I was encrypting all my messages, emails, data use and even personal data. Is there any way AT ALL that can unlock the card and place the current pin to it? Website, app, anything?

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I am not happy to tell you this but I have done some preliminary testing (https://forums.motorola.com/posts/b027ce4327?start=31&stop=45#604177) and it doesn't look good for you. :mad:

I am 100% sure you can't decrypt it if you used either the default method of encryption - "Device" or the 3rd choice, "Device+Password", but I haven't been successful even decrypting the data with the "Password" encryption method in another phone either.

I am still doing LOTS of testing and hope to get a rock-solid understanding of this elephant in the room because I may want to produce some sort of guide of Dos and Don'ts...

What I will tell you is to preserve that card and DO NOT Format it, because if there is a way to decrypt it, I aim to find it. I am not the type to give up - easily or otherwise. I am OCD and this has me flummoxed.

OP
T

TheGrimRAZR

Reaction score
I am not happy to tell you this but I have done some preliminary testing (https://forums.motorola.com/posts/b027ce4327?start=31&stop=45#604177) and it doesn't look good for you. :mad:

I am 100% sure you can't decrypt it if you used either the default method of encryption - "Device" or the 3rd choice, "Device+Password", but I haven't been successful even decrypting the data with the "Password" encryption method in another phone either.

I am still doing LOTS of testing and hope to get a rock-solid understanding of this elephant in the room because I may want to produce some sort of guide of Dos and Don'ts...

What I will tell you is to preserve that card and DO NOT Format it, because if there is a way to decrypt it, I aim to find it. I am not the type to give up - easily or otherwise. I am OCD and this has me flummoxed.

But I just want the pin. The encryption used on these DROIDS is the same as government encryption. A pain is the @$$ to solve.