Memorial Day Plans

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Just realized Memorial Day is this weekend. So what are your big plans for the weekend? Me, I am just going to sit back and relax. Most likely it will be too wet to do anything outside since it is supposed to rain from Friday to Wednesday.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
No plans yet and no obligations so far. But it's only mid-week so far.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Relaxing with BBQ and hope to see some sunshine... Took off Tuesday and Wednesday... Who knows maybe I jump on a flight somewhere...

Pixel 2 XL

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Working .

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Since I was on a business trip last year, I plan on doing what I wanted to do last year. Visit the OEF / OIF Memorials on post and pay my respects. A moment of silence at 15:00 EST while the wreath is layed on the Tomb Of The Unknown Soldier. Then a cookout with some Military buddies. Beverages in the cooler, food on the grill and plenty of stories told.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the weather is decent I may hop on the scooter and go lost on the northern North Carolina backroads and see what kind of BBQ I can stumble into.
(or just keep Cracker Barrel as a fall back option :p)

Reactions: CJM

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been on the road the last two weeks, so I'm happy just to be home and catch up on some landscaping around the house. Only problem is it's suppose to be nearing 100 this weekend :mad:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Since I was on a business trip last year, I plan on doing what I wanted to do last year. Visit the OEF / OIF Memorials on post and pay my respects. A moment of silence at 15:00 EST while the wreath is layed on the Tomb Of The Unknown Soldier. Then a cookout with some Military buddies. Beverages in the cooler, food on the grill and plenty of stories told.

Awesome. Yes this is the weekend to BBQ but also remember what we have because of the lives that were lost defending this democracy.

I wish the NFL would have waited a week to have announced their decision. I just do no want this weekend to be soured over a story that may overshadow what needs to be the true spotlight. As a person who falls in the middle of that debate because I believe in honoring and supporting our troops and yet see the need to bring awareness to what the players were kneeling for...well those that weren't just kneeling to protest a certain person's tweet. I hate that of all the weeks this was the week that this was made a discussion.

But nevertheless I shift my focus back to what matters.

Happy-memorial-Day-845x368.jpg

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We're doing a ride tonight to downtown Government St in O.S., MS. If you've ever been to Bourbon St in New Orleans then it's like that but much more laid back. Here's a picture from last week

Low Club

Ahhh so that's why you were working on that bike project.

Nice.

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I am now prepared for memorial day. got my thick pork steaks, bbq sauce and charcoal. going to have some good eating. Maybe not as fun as biking but its good enough for me...