Megen extended battery??

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Accessories' started by bionic805er, Jan 13, 2012.

1. bionic805er

bionic805er New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody have one and if so is it a good battery for bionic because I want a extended battery but not one that's gonna add bulky mess to my phone if any could help thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

2. bionic805er

bionic805er New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I ment mugen slim extended battery.

3. unbesorgt

unbesorgt Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I've been using one for about a week now. So far so good. I followed the instructions that came with it to charge for 12 hours the first time and then deep cycle it 3-5 times. It seemed to improve with each cycle, and now using it normally I can get 14+ hours of moderate use on 3g/WiFi. Today for example I pulled it off the dock at 7:30, and now it's 3:00 and I'm still at 70% charge after listening to podcasts, some email/web surfing, Kindle reading and light gaming. It's about what you'd expect from a 15% bigger battery, not revolutionary but definitely an improvement. If you can't stand the added bulk of the larger extended batteries I'd say it's worthwhile. I ordered mine through Amazon, it shipped quickly from NY and I had it in a couple of days. It's a buck cheaper if you order from the Mugen site but I heard they ship from Hong Kong, which can take awhile.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

4. bionic805er

bionic805er New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks im gonna go a head and get one..

5. droidxd00d

droidxd00d Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I was looking at getting this until I saw the price tag. No thanks....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

6. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    My biggest worry is how the Bionic software will play with the battery. Not that it'll cause a problem, but you won't be able to tell when the power's low. On my OG Droid I had the Seidio extended battery and it had power long after the software told me I had none. In the end I had the Battery Left widget set to voltage; full charge was 4200mV and I needed to charge at 3500mV. Perhaps Gingerbread works better with extended batteries than Froyo.

I'm using the Verizon extended battery; at $26 it's cheaper, adds only 1oz and 1/8" to the phone, works with the Bionic's software and after 12 hours I'm at 68%.

7. unbesorgt

unbesorgt Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I haven't had that issue with my Mugen 2000; it shuts off about 15-20 minutes after warning me that it's down to 5%. Although I did clear the battery stats right after switching, which is supposed to help with reporting accuracy. Deep-cycling it a few times is also supposed to help (although some dispute this).

I agree that the price could be better compared to VZW, but it's a third-party accessory from a reputable company so what do you expect. If you don't want to increase the phone's profile there are no other options currently. I was on the fence for awhile, but then I got a $50 gift certificate for Amazon as an Xmas present, noticed the Mugen was now available through Amazon, and said what the hell. :D I don't regret it.

<edit> Just noticed the price has come down a bit, you can get it for $41.46 right now on Amazon. Only 5 left in stock.

8. bionic805er

bionic805er New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got mine today gonna stest it out right now and charge it...: )

9. DunDun

DunDun Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Current Phone Model:
    "Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
    The Mugen slim extended battery ROX!

10. unbesorgt

unbesorgt Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Since this thread has bubbled back up to the top I might as well give an update. I was getting 15 hours average as measured by Badass Battery Monitor on .893, now after using .902 since Tuesday I'm up to 17.5 hours average. All I can say is hellz yeah!

11. BLAZE86DUBZ

BLAZE86DUBZ Member

Ratings:
    +3
    i got 34 hours from mine

• Like Like x 1
  12. DeliriousGoddess

DeliriousGoddess New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What's you usage like? I only ask, because I turn LTE off and on CDMA only with light to medium usage (some texting, FB surfing, email, an hour or so of talk time and some Market downloads), I can get anywhere from 12-16 hours on the STANDARD battery without a problem. So, unless you're going through some heavy usage with LTE turned on, 15-17.5 hours isn't anything worth spending another $42 on...

Search tags for this page
droid bionic extended battery instructions
droid bionic extended slim battery

droid bionic slim extended battery

motorola bionic slim extended battery
motorola droid bionic slim extended battery
mugen battery dispute
slimline extended battery droid bionic