Mega Foxx debuts the Motorola Devour

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
How could you not like this commercial! It has Megan Fox and she is in a bathtub. No matter what they were advertising if you have megan fox its a good commercial.

choklitcow

Reaction score
On a (somewhat) related note, they used a hand model for the close up you're referring to. Megan's got a wickedly horrifying set of toe-thumbs (far and away her worst feature), which they managed to hide behind the phone during the majority of the commercial, but the hand in the close-up has normal thumbs.

I KNEW they had a stunt thumb.

potatolover1102

Reaction score
Oh no believe me I am not complaining about her at all lol and I actually really enjoyed the commercial but the techie in me is just as strong rofl!

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
The concept of the commercial was humorous but the commercial's effectiveness was hampered by the fact that: A: the commercial was more geared toward men and, B: the phone name/model wasn't mentioned. I saw this commercial and didn't even pay attention to the fact that it was for a new Motorola phone. Not the best marketing scheme. Bottomline, while a commercial can be funny it should not neglect to promote the product/brand, the customer, and the ultimate goal is it should make the viewer remember the product and want it. While it's likely that a lot of the commercials became part of everyday discussions today how many of the people discussing them actually remember what product the commercial was for.

IMHO all of the commercials during the super bowl fell short of normal expectations. You'd think companies spending millions of dollars for a 30 second time slot would put more effort into the commercials.

choklitcow

Reaction score
I dunno. She has that sex appeal within both genders just like Angelina Jolie. While it obviously appeared to be marketed towards males (which a majority of them are given the superbowl's demographic, even though its moderately changed within the past decade) it held an emphasis on what appears to be their new marketing device within the blur technology which leaves gender bounds behind.

I still don't get how/why people are suggesting this was a Devour commercial. I felt it seemed obviously geared towards blur technology and progressively growing social networking trends of the past couple of years. It may have used the new phone as a subliminal marketing tool, but the real emphasis was on "hey, look at the ease I can browse/edit my social networks from on the screen of my phone."

Now, while this seems a mute selling point, you have to realize the fact you are posting on a website such as this sets you aside from a majority of the public. Not to say there aren't plenty of ignorant people around (myself included in many issues), but the knowledge on specific tech-savoy sites is in no-way proportional to that of the general public. For example, at my former store we listed a majority of what I would call were the "major" specifications for phones in laminated flip-cards next to the phone. However, listing something such as "twitter pre-installed" (even if an app for the phone was easily downloadable for free) would cause it to be a much larger seller than a phone substantially better than it at a similar price. It is for this crowd that this commercial was published. To attempt to put a modern day Razr back on the map for motorola.

Taurus

Reaction score
I dunno. She has that sex appeal within both genders just like Angelina Jolie. While it obviously appeared to be marketed towards males (which a majority of them are given the superbowl's demographic, even though its moderately changed within the past decade) it held an emphasis on what appears to be their new marketing device within the blur technology which leaves gender bounds behind.

I still don't get how/why people are suggesting this was a Devour commercial. I felt it seemed obviously geared towards blur technology and progressively growing social networking trends of the past couple of years. It may have used the new phone as a subliminal marketing tool, but the real emphasis was on "hey, look at the ease I can browse/edit my social networks from on the screen of my phone."

Now, while this seems a mute selling point, you have to realize the fact you are posting on a website such as this sets you aside from a majority of the public. Not to say there aren't plenty of ignorant people around (myself included in many issues), but the knowledge on specific tech-savoy sites is in no-way proportional to that of the general public. For example, at my former store we listed a majority of what I would call were the "major" specifications for phones in laminated flip-cards next to the phone. However, listing something such as "twitter pre-installed" (even if an app for the phone was easily downloadable for free) would cause it to be a much larger seller than a phone substantially better than it at a similar price. It is for this crowd that this commercial was published. To attempt to put a modern day Razr back on the map for motorola.

WTF??? My head hurts. :icon_ banana:

Meto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Now if Jessica Alba was in the tub, I would have paid more attention... :icon_ devil:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
If it was Kate Beckinsale in the tub I prolly wouldn't have even notices the phone.

YA123

Reaction score
if hayden panettiere was in the tub, the phone would send the pictures out itself

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
What happened to this thread? The topic seems to have gotten skewed...