Mega Foxx debuts the Motorola Devour

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mega-fox-moto-devour.jpg

Motorola showed off the next Verizon Android phone in a new commercial during the third quarter of the Super Bowl with super star Megan Fox yesterday. For those that might have missed it, check out the video below with some bonus footage after the jump.

I'm surprised Motorola didn't even mention the name of the phone, just MOTOBLUR. Did you like it/hate it, let us know your thoughts!

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;_m_r1dqYJnc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m_r1dqYJnc[/video]

Reaction score
I was out getting a beer during that commercial and my friends hollar at me "yo livi! You and your son are on tv!" Followed with extreme laughter. I grabbed my beer and ran inside baffeled beacouse I'm not a father lmao. But they were talking about where the kid didn't hold the ladder for his dad lol. I actually like that commercial =) quite dissapointed about the game though. I'm my girlfriends slave for a week, I even have a bedtime now =/.....damned saints!

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not a big fan of Megan Fox. Didn't even know it was her until someone else said something. Commercial overall wasnt that good anyways.

actrack03

Reaction score
Wow you'd think Megan Fox did an apple commercial the way she's getting bashed here. I for one wasn't a fan of the commercial because it was all about motoblur which has nothing to do with the Droid and it better stay that way! I would have to shoot myself in the head if they pushed motoblur onto the Droid. This does have me worried about the future updates for the Droid though with their $3M dollar chunk of advertising focusing on Motoblur.

Anomander

Reaction score
I thought I read that the motoblur was more a lower cost version of the Droid? With the success of the Droid I think moto does not need to push the Droid as hard since it is established.

As for the commercial I liked. Then I think Megan is gorgeous!

mixtape

Reaction score
lol, wasn't the best commercial, but definitely worth a laugh. lmao the kid locked in his room and the gay guys were great :rolleyes:

xtreme

Reaction score
the droid with 2.0 is so much nicer then motoblur, plus i wouldn't kick her outta bed for eatin crackers :rolleyes:"looks down":rolleyes:, now would i crackers. lmao

Reaction score
She is hot. Google had the best commercial though. But funny... Google had two commercial, this one, and the amazing French Girl Impresser one.

potatolover1102

Reaction score
Is it just me or was she pretty much actively covering the Verizon logo on the phone. Every time it could have been shown she had her hand right over it almost too awkwardly as if they really didn't people to focus on the phone or Verizon and just motoblur? I guess they wanted it to be a true Motorola only commercial but still I mean in all honesty Verizon kind of saved the day for them IMHO.

mixtape

Reaction score
Is it just me or was she pretty much actively covering the Verizon logo on the phone. Every time it could have been shown she had her hand right over it almost too awkwardly as if they really didn't people to focus on the phone or Verizon and just motoblur? I guess they wanted it to be a true Motorola only commercial but still I mean in all honesty Verizon kind of saved the day for them IMHO.
Good point. Undoubtedly I can guess that this was more of a Motorola commercial than anything else. Though you are right. Why advertise software without telling the viewer what they're seeing or where to get it. Besides from an extremely hard to see white on silver Verizon logo at the end. Motorola doesn't really have a strong name anymore with the young mobile users. Now backing the ad up with a strong Verizon/Google name, that's a friendly tag that's sure to help.

Plus Motorola's best selling phone recently is the Droid, which doesn't even have the blur. This ad was sure to cause confusion, that is if anyone remembers more than "Megan Foxx in a bathtub with a cell phone!" lol. Though it was one of the top 5 ads during the game

NathanDetroit

Reaction score

On a (somewhat) related note, they used a hand model for the close up you're referring to. Megan's got a wickedly horrifying set of toe-thumbs (far and away her worst feature), which they managed to hide behind the phone during the majority of the commercial, but the hand in the close-up has normal thumbs.