Mega Foxx debuts the Motorola Devour

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Feb 8, 2010.

1. danDroid

danDroid DF Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Motorola showed off the next Verizon Android phone in a new commercial during the third quarter of the Super Bowl with super star Megan Fox yesterday. For those that might have missed it, check out the video below with some bonus footage after the jump.

I'm surprised Motorola didn't even mention the name of the phone, just MOTOBLUR. Did you like it/hate it, let us know your thoughts!
  2. danDroid

danDroid DF Administrator Staff Member

3. RLJSlick

RLJSlick New Member

Great commercial, overrated actress.
  4. MM1 Payne (US Navy)

MM1 Payne (US Navy) New Member

I was out getting a beer during that commercial and my friends hollar at me "yo livi! You and your son are on tv!" Followed with extreme laughter. I grabbed my beer and ran inside baffeled beacouse I'm not a father lmao. But they were talking about where the kid didn't hold the ladder for his dad lol. I actually like that commercial =) quite dissapointed about the game though. I'm my girlfriends slave for a week, I even have a bedtime now =/.....damned saints!
  5. unix.punkx

unix.punkx New Member

Not a big fan of Megan Fox. Didn't even know it was her until someone else said something. Commercial overall wasnt that good anyways.
  6. Shmooze

Shmooze New Member

I was concerned she was gonna drop it in the tub.
  7. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

i was hoping she get up and take pics of that flat ass.
    makes the walls jealous.
  8. actrack03

actrack03 New Member

Wow you'd think Megan Fox did an apple commercial the way she's getting bashed here. I for one wasn't a fan of the commercial because it was all about motoblur which has nothing to do with the Droid and it better stay that way! I would have to shoot myself in the head if they pushed motoblur onto the Droid. This does have me worried about the future updates for the Droid though with their $3M dollar chunk of advertising focusing on Motoblur.
  9. Anomander

Anomander New Member

I thought I read that the motoblur was more a lower cost version of the Droid? With the success of the Droid I think moto does not need to push the Droid as hard since it is established.

As for the commercial I liked. Then I think Megan is gorgeous!
  10. mixtape

mixtape New Member

lol, wasn't the best commercial, but definitely worth a laugh. lmao the kid locked in his room and the gay guys were great :rolleyes:
  11. xtreme

xtreme New Member

the droid with 2.0 is so much nicer then motoblur, plus i wouldn't kick her outta bed for eatin crackers :rolleyes:"looks down":rolleyes:, now would i crackers. lmao
  12. Where'sMyCoffe?

Where'sMyCoffe? New Member

She is hot. Google had the best commercial though. But funny... Google had two commercial, this one, and the amazing French Girl Impresser one.
  13. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 New Member

Is it just me or was she pretty much actively covering the Verizon logo on the phone. Every time it could have been shown she had her hand right over it almost too awkwardly as if they really didn't people to focus on the phone or Verizon and just motoblur? I guess they wanted it to be a true Motorola only commercial but still I mean in all honesty Verizon kind of saved the day for them IMHO.
  14. mixtape

mixtape New Member

Good point. Undoubtedly I can guess that this was more of a Motorola commercial than anything else. Though you are right. Why advertise software without telling the viewer what they're seeing or where to get it. Besides from an extremely hard to see white on silver Verizon logo at the end. Motorola doesn't really have a strong name anymore with the young mobile users. Now backing the ad up with a strong Verizon/Google name, that's a friendly tag that's sure to help.

Plus Motorola's best selling phone recently is the Droid, which doesn't even have the blur. This ad was sure to cause confusion, that is if anyone remembers more than "Megan Foxx in a bathtub with a cell phone!" lol. Though it was one of the top 5 ads during the game
  15. NathanDetroit

NathanDetroit New Member

On a (somewhat) related note, they used a hand model for the close up you're referring to. Megan's got a wickedly horrifying set of toe-thumbs (far and away her worst feature), which they managed to hide behind the phone during the majority of the commercial, but the hand in the close-up has normal thumbs.
  16. DROIDMASTER

DROIDMASTER New Member

How could you not like this commercial! It has Megan Fox and she is in a bathtub. No matter what they were advertising if you have megan fox its a good commercial.
  17. choklitcow

choklitcow New Member

I KNEW they had a stunt thumb.
  18. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 New Member

Oh no believe me I am not complaining about her at all lol and I actually really enjoyed the commercial but the techie in me is just as strong rofl!
  19. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

The concept of the commercial was humorous but the commercial's effectiveness was hampered by the fact that: A: the commercial was more geared toward men and, B: the phone name/model wasn't mentioned. I saw this commercial and didn't even pay attention to the fact that it was for a new Motorola phone. Not the best marketing scheme. Bottomline, while a commercial can be funny it should not neglect to promote the product/brand, the customer, and the ultimate goal is it should make the viewer remember the product and want it. While it's likely that a lot of the commercials became part of everyday discussions today how many of the people discussing them actually remember what product the commercial was for.

IMHO all of the commercials during the super bowl fell short of normal expectations. You'd think companies spending millions of dollars for a 30 second time slot would put more effort into the commercials.
  20. choklitcow

choklitcow New Member

I dunno. She has that sex appeal within both genders just like Angelina Jolie. While it obviously appeared to be marketed towards males (which a majority of them are given the superbowl's demographic, even though its moderately changed within the past decade) it held an emphasis on what appears to be their new marketing device within the blur technology which leaves gender bounds behind.

I still don't get how/why people are suggesting this was a Devour commercial. I felt it seemed obviously geared towards blur technology and progressively growing social networking trends of the past couple of years. It may have used the new phone as a subliminal marketing tool, but the real emphasis was on "hey, look at the ease I can browse/edit my social networks from on the screen of my phone."

Now, while this seems a mute selling point, you have to realize the fact you are posting on a website such as this sets you aside from a majority of the public. Not to say there aren't plenty of ignorant people around (myself included in many issues), but the knowledge on specific tech-savoy sites is in no-way proportional to that of the general public. For example, at my former store we listed a majority of what I would call were the "major" specifications for phones in laminated flip-cards next to the phone. However, listing something such as "twitter pre-installed" (even if an app for the phone was easily downloadable for free) would cause it to be a much larger seller than a phone substantially better than it at a similar price. It is for this crowd that this commercial was published. To attempt to put a modern day Razr back on the map for motorola.