Meeting other DROID users!

Rettocs

Reaction score
My fiance has one now, my little brother switched from the iPhone 3g to the droid, 2 of my co-workers use them, and a few random aquaintances I know have them.

droidilac

Reaction score
After I got mine, my girlfriend wouldn't put it down so i had to get her one. One of the assistant supervisors at my work has one. Not too long ago I learned the guy that comes in and works on our high reack forklifts also has one LoL

TimChgo9

Reaction score
I was at a pre-employment testing session today, and there were 2 Droid, and one Eris owners in the group of about 40. While waiting for the orientation to begin, everyone was checking their phones, and all of Droid owners took note of one another. There were 4 iPhone folks there, and we had a good natured discussion/comparison of our phones. At least one of the iPhone owners was so impressed with my Droid, that he said he would consider changing carriers, as he is not happy with AT&T....

D

droidavie

class

That's funny. While I was lecturing a class I noticed a student kept text messaging right in front of me, sitting in the front of the lab, I didn't give him a hard time about it. Just a quick look, honestly because he had a slide out keyboard I let him slide, I thought it was a droid. Afterwards we spoke about all the cool apps and the hype behind 2.1. It's good too because it was late like 8pm and I was beat, changed my mood.
:icon_ banana:

krise11385

Reaction score
Ok so my fiances sis has a eris n the other day I made a post on this site askn if neone could help me rooting my phone nmuch to my surprise someone pmed me n said he lives 15 mins away n came over n we got to talkn n rootn n I got my phone exactly the way I wnt it it thanks to me askn for help .n now I have someone to bounce ideas off n ask questions . Thanks droid. Forums lol

geronosaurus

Reaction score
I'm a waiter at Chili's, and people always tend to be on their phones or have them laying out during their meal. Recently, I noticed a gentleman with a plastic bag on the far side of him. By the time I come back out with their appetizer, the guy has his nose buried into a VZW user manual, with a DROID sitting on a napkin. I gave him the 'nod' and whipped my DROID out and told him he made a wise purchase. Too bad he only left me 10%.

zakany

Reaction score
I met a co-worker with a new Droid. We got gay over which apps we liked. Sad, really.

OP
Manifesto Zero

Manifesto Zero

Reaction score
I met a co-worker with a new Droid. We got gay over which apps we liked. Sad, really.

Not sad, just a fellowship of sorts, a DROIDship if you will! Its what sets us apart from iCant and other smartphone users. Were all apart of a continuously growing community that keeps this OS going.

Okay I'm getting off my soapbox now :)

Shel

Reaction score
I was at Staples, needing to purchase ink cartridges for my printer.

I needed one package of color ink cartridges, which Staples sold for around $60, and one black ink, which was around $25.

I used ShopSavvy, and found the color package for about $40 somewhere else. I showed it to the salesgirl, and asked if she'd price match. She said she would.

I then scanned the black ink package, and found IT for around $15 at a different store then the store which showed up for the color ink.

I showed her that one, and she asked how much the color ink was, that I had showed her previously.

Well, for some reason, I couldn't get ShopSavvy to find it again! It wouldn't connect online, and was totally annoying me, because THAT was a much bigger savings, and here Staples woudl match the price, but I couldn't get it to work!

She asked me to wait, and went to speak to the manager.

Well, I get tired of waiting, go to the area of Staples where the manager is, and what do I see? There's the manager using HIS Droid to scan the price for the color ink cartridges, and see if the lower price I quoted comes up! (It did)

I left the store saving about $30.

mossostdrauka

Reaction score
infecting the masses

So I haven't met anyone else with a Droid yet, but after I got mine I showed it off at work(how could i not) and now two other coworkers have Droids! Two more are getting them, another bought the Hero, another the Eris, and another is getting the Samsung Moment. I am infecting everyone around me with the Android virus. The Droid Army grows!! :greendroid:

techguru

Reaction score
My Rabbi has a Droid. He got it the day they came out, and was surprised I already had one and was telling him what the best apps to download are - I got mine from Verizon marketing a week before release :)

Alan

jcwimberley

Reaction score
New To Droid

ex-Blackberry owner here... Was in new orleans this weekend and my bf had an iphone and while walking down the street someone stole his iphone so monday we went to the verizon store to look and they were having a buy one get one free Droid so we both got on and I am like a kid at the candy store I love it.... Will never go back after this one.... only forward...

nateccnn

Reaction score
I met a couple on the airplane ride from NE to NV via SLC. By the time we landed in SLC I had him convinced he needed to root. So on the layover we had a beer and I rooted his phone for him. The wife was not impressed. She wanted to do hers herself. I helped her sign into DF. Then after they left I met another gal in the bar and rooted hers. Before we left though I had her unrooted cuz she was a little scared of the phone...intimidated I guess. It was a long layover. LOL

Nate