1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Meeting other DROID users!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Manifesto Zero, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Manifesto Zero

Manifesto Zero New Member

So I was standing in line today in Court waiting to pay a ticket (Thanks Shelby county sheriffs department) when I noticed the guy behind me was using a DROID! I nonchalantly whipped mine out, in his view of course, and checked facebook, gmail,. etc. Immediately he noticed mine as well and we sparked up a convo about our favorite apps, how much we love the phone, all that cool stuff.

Have you met any other DROID users? Let's hear your stories!
  2. bdbraaten

bdbraaten New Member

I work as a drafter for an architect firm. We were out field measuring a gas station building one day and the lady working the checkout had an Eris. I handed her my Droid and so she could check out the apps I had installed. By the time she left at the end of the day she'd installed most of what I had installed.
  3. Hypnotic

Hypnotic New Member

My teacher has one and so do I along with another kid in a class that I TA for.
  4. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

I have one, my best friend has one, my bus partner has one.

But as far as strangers go, I met a woman at subway who had one and she asked if mine came with the sticker on the back. She was jealous. I referred her to the forum.

I also asked a girl to take a pic ofme at an art event this past weekend. This semi-attractive girl was like...wow this is the driod. Haha, nerd sheik yall
  5. lschicky

lschicky New Member

My sister has one.

Aside from that, I'm on an IRC channel where we seem split Android vs iphone. (1 droid, 3 G1, me getting my droid soon. and at least one of the G1s is thinking about hopping to nexus)
  6. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

I've met quite a few, waiting for one who might also be on this board. Most are very new with smartphones in general, and I'm happy to show 'em stuff they can do, apps, etc.
  7. gruve

gruve New Member

I got the Eris when I bought my droid. Gave it to my wife... I don't know anyone else with a droid. They are all iphoner's.
  8. Droidlicous

Droidlicous New Member

I was at an AAID Seminar and the guy next to me had one, he was a NooB so I schooled on a few things, poor guy didn't even have Handcent on his phone, that was like my first App! Everytime I see some one with one I will attempt to spark up a convo, as it would be cool to see someone on this page. I do have a budy I worked with from a job and he has one, he's on here somewhere he hasn't gave me his S/N yet but that makes two people so far!

BTW, My buddy is getting the Iphone, I can't wait, cuz he always thinks his phone is better, he's got something coming to him doesn't he lol!!!
  9. backlash

backlash New Member

A co-worker (developer) has one, rooted. There is a dev group that has one, and a Nexus One, working on Android apps.
  10. lockman

lockman New Member

I know exactly 1 Droid user, zero Eris. Everyone that I know is either winmo, Cranberry or iPhone. Hell, I've never even seen one in the wild.
  11. HUFFDROID

HUFFDROID New Member

Two people at my work have a Droid and since I've had mine the longest their always asking me how to do stuff. Its pretty cool to help people learn more about their Droid. Heck I'm still learning new things every day about the Droid.
  12. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

I am noticing more and more droids also

Yeah I like how nashville police drive behind you in normal looking unmarked cars (not the crown vics but like a regular freakin neon) on the highway to catch you speeding. Nice and by nice I mean jacked up.
  13. baniels

baniels New Member

I have yet to see another Droid in the wild.
  14. Itamar

Itamar New Member

I don't know anyone else with any type of Android phone. I seem to be a loner in that category. In my hometown, it seems that everyone's got an iPhone (and in denial). On the road (I'm a trucker) I don't see to many smartphones at all, but I think that's because most truckers usually have a satellite connection & use their laptop with it. My carrier only uses satellite for tracking location, not communications, so I rely on mobile network & WiFi. YMMV.
  15. bigthinker

bigthinker New Member

I was in Best Buy looking at LCD Flatscreens for my sons bedroom and as I was looking at my Droid replying to a text, another Droider noticed and we started convering. We spoke about what apps each other had loaded on, and all the cool things that the Droid Does.....I even used shopsavy right there in the store as 4 to 5 onlookers took notice...THIS THING IS COOL!!! :motdroidhoriz:
  16. Rettocs

Rettocs New Member

My fiance has one now, my little brother switched from the iPhone 3g to the droid, 2 of my co-workers use them, and a few random aquaintances I know have them.
  17. droidilac

droidilac New Member

After I got mine, my girlfriend wouldn't put it down so i had to get her one. One of the assistant supervisors at my work has one. Not too long ago I learned the guy that comes in and works on our high reack forklifts also has one LoL
  18. TimChgo9

TimChgo9 New Member

I was at a pre-employment testing session today, and there were 2 Droid, and one Eris owners in the group of about 40. While waiting for the orientation to begin, everyone was checking their phones, and all of Droid owners took note of one another. There were 4 iPhone folks there, and we had a good natured discussion/comparison of our phones. At least one of the iPhone owners was so impressed with my Droid, that he said he would consider changing carriers, as he is not happy with AT&T....
  19. droidavie

droidavie New Member

class

That's funny. While I was lecturing a class I noticed a student kept text messaging right in front of me, sitting in the front of the lab, I didn't give him a hard time about it. Just a quick look, honestly because he had a slide out keyboard I let him slide, I thought it was a droid. Afterwards we spoke about all the cool apps and the hype behind 2.1. It's good too because it was late like 8pm and I was beat, changed my mood.
    :icon_ banana:
  20. krise11385

krise11385 New Member

Ok so my fiances sis has a eris n the other day I made a post on this site askn if neone could help me rooting my phone nmuch to my surprise someone pmed me n said he lives 15 mins away n came over n we got to talkn n rootn n I got my phone exactly the way I wnt it it thanks to me askn for help .n now I have someone to bounce ideas off n ask questions . Thanks droid. Forums lol