Meet the LG G7 - LG's first Android One Smartphone

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
LG-G7-Android-One-640x360.jpg

LG has dropped a new Android One phone that has quite the buzz around the android community.
The new smartphone comes with an impressive 6.1- inch QHD+ display with a 3120 x 1440 resolution. The internals include a Snapdragon 835 processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB storage and 3000mAh battery. On the back, the device has a 16 MP f/1.6 camera while on the front, it holds an 8 MP f/1.9 selfie camera. According to LG, the Android device will come at an “exceptional price” so this could be the best bang for the buck phone going.

Continue reading @ fossbytes

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Why did they pick the same name as a phone already out that has better specs? Talk about confusing people.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'd love for our phone to run pure Android... Yup definitely confuses things

Pixel 2 XL

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Now if they had called it the G7 One or something to that effect it would have made more sense. Have a G7 line but make sure people can tell the difference between phones. Most people aren't tech savvy like us. They don't have a clue about phones. You have to make it easy for them. I remember asking one guy, a while back, if he had an Android phone
Here said no he had a Samsung.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just wonder if maybe this phone will be the first Android One phone that US Carriers will embrace and sell? I don't think any of our carriers currently have any Android One phones on their networks. They probably don't want to commit to the mandatory fast updates required to be a One phone? Maybe this new LG phone and the rumored Motorola One can break the ice here in the US and get some Android One phones into customers hands.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Now if they had called it the G7 One or something to that effect it would have made more sense. Have a G7 line but make sure people can tell the difference between phones. Most people aren't tech savvy like us. They don't have a clue about phones. You have to make it easy for them. I remember asking one guy, a while back, if he had an Android phone
Here said no he had a Samsung.
it's NOT the same name

the LG G7 Thinq

the LG G7

though they should've made it the LG G7 one

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
it's NOT the same name

the LG G7 Thinq

the LG G7

though they should've made it the LG G7 one
We know the difference but the non tech savvy public doesn't. Most people don't know the difference between a Droid and an Android. And I agree the G7 one makes more sense. Let people know it's an Android One phone. That's a selling point to us tech heads. That and when we talk about phones I refer to mine as a G7 not a G7 ThinQ.

Last edited:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
We know the difference but the non tech savvy public doesn't. Most people don't know the difference between a Droid and an Android. And I agree the G7 one makes more sense. Let people know it's an Android One phone. That's a selling point to us tech heads. That and when we talk about phones I refer to mine as a G7 not a G7 ThinQ.
Same here, looks like we might have to change that...

I have the G7 thinQ... Thanks lg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk