Meet Amazon's new Fire TV Cube

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
amazon-fire-cube.jpg

Today, Amazon announced the Amazon Fire TV Cube, a hands-free 4K Ultra HD streaming media player with Alexa, allowing you to control your TV from across the room. You can find and watch your favorite TV shows and movies, power your TV on and off, change the volume, switch to different inputs, and change the cable channel—all with just your voice. Even with the TV off, you can simply say a command and Fire TV Cube powers on the TV and sound system, and starts playback right where you left off.

Amazon Fire TV Cube is available for pre-order starting today for $119.99 and ships with an IR extender cable and Ethernet adapter beginning on June 21. As an introductory offer, Prime members can pre-order Fire TV Cube on June 7 and 8 for a special price of $89.99—a $30 savings.

Here's the link if you want to snag one today! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBTFNVA

Check out the video below:

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone planning to preorder today?

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Anyone planning to preorder today?

nope, will not work for me since my tv is hooked to a computer so no changing channels, and I already voice command on/off. as far as volume, I very seldom change it. don't know why they need a separate box when to me, they could get their regular fire devices to do the same if they wanted.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No, they can't. The part that makes this work is the IR piece. Existing Fire devices cannot transmit IR signals.

DanDroid didn't mention you also get a $10 Amazon video credit when you activate it. So technically $79.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Right, but they don't use infra-red to talk to the stick or box. If they did they would need line of sight. They use RF I believe. That's why you get an ir extender to run it from the box so it sees the front of your TV.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I have a Echo Show in my Living Room so I wonder how it would interfere. I love my Show. Sounds great. Seems like a unless I change the Cube Wake Word it may conflict

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I have a Echo Show in my Living Room so I wonder how it would interfere. I love my Show. Sounds great. Seems like a unless I change the Cube Wake Word it may conflict

most likely there will be a little interference but it would really depend on which one is closer and whether or not the tv is on. If the tv is on, it may not hear the commands first so the echo show will respond. You are right, the best thing to do would be to give it a different wake name.

abbeyon

Reaction score
The way i see it Amazon has found new ways to listen into our homes by incorporating Alexa in to fire stick