Media using battery up

Pete7874

Reaction score
Most likely it's caused by one of the media files which you recently added, possible a video file. Try removing any recently added files.

trispi3

Reaction score
Most likely it's caused by one of the media files which you recently added, possible a video file. Try removing any recently added files.

I removed all media files from the internal storage and the SD card and formatted the SD card. Still running nearly 80% battery usage. I tried the option of 'Force Stop' under battery usage details, does nothing.

Is there no way to remove/stop/manage these processes?

This is what shows as running:
OMA Download
Media Storage
Downloads
Download manager
com.motorola.android.omadrm
DRM Protected Content Storage
MediaSync

doogald

Reaction score
I removed all media files from the internal storage and the SD card and formatted the SD card. Still running nearly 80% battery usage. I tried the option of 'Force Stop' under battery usage details, does nothing.

Try formatting internal storage as well and restart the phone. (Of course back up internal storage to your PC first). You may have media in a hidden folder.

Do you ever listen to music?

Also, settings->accounts->you google account. Do you have Sync Google Play Music (or any other Play options) turned on? If you uncheck them, does that improve things?

The DRM thing makes me think it has something to do with Google Books or some purchased video content of some kind.