media transfer

Stephen hill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung s5 mini
Me and my wife have s5 mini bought at the same time identical as far as I can tell but I connected mine to the computer to transfer pictures and no problem window box popped up I transfered pictures. Plugged my wife's phone in and the computer starts searching for software can't upload photos as it say camera is busy. Any ideas cheers

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum Stephen!
Can you tell us what you've tried so far in terms of correcting the problem?
Has she rebooted her phone, etc?

S5 tap'n

OP
S

Stephen hill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung s5 mini
Welcome to the forum Stephen!
Can you tell us what you've tried so far in terms of correcting the problem?
Has she rebooted her phone, etc?

S5 tap'n
Hi I'm just trying to change usb options. Changed it to camera ptp rather than media device mtp but computer will only open Microsoft Word

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's strange. Does it look like it opened a file in Word? Did you try using explorer to see if you could access it?

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, I've never experienced that one before. Try rebooting both the phone & pc. If that doesn't work, try connecting your device to a different usb port, preferably on the rear of your pc.
Let us know how you make out.

S5 tap'n

OP
S

Stephen hill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung s5 mini
Thanks guys I've tried all those things now and no joy windows just keeps opening install wizard searches for software then can't find any then the word option box pops up. If I go into the my computer option there is a picture of a camera with the title SM-600 or very similar click on the open photos option and it comes up camera or scanner is busy try again later! If I plug mine in it comes up as Samsung android and gives me options to do everything very odd

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That is extremely odd. Could you try something for me? Can you boot your wife's phone into safe mode and try to connect then? If it works normally then it has to be a software conflict.

Entering Safe Mode:

Turn off the smartphone. Press and hold the "Power" button. At the "Samsung Galaxy" Slash screen, let go of the "Power" button and immediately press and hold "Volume Down" instead. When the smartphone has finished restarting, you can release the "Volume down" key. To verify if you have rebooted in safe mode, look at the lower-left corner of the screen, where a "Safe Mode" label should be present.

Read more: How-to Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Clear the App Phone Cache Enter Safe Mode

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

OP
S

Stephen hill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung s5 mini
Thanks will try this but probably not until later but will keep you posted thanks again

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Stephen, I hope we can solve this unusual symptom for you, and also for others who may experience similar issues. Good luck and I look forward to your report.

Reactions: cr6
OP
S

Stephen hill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung s5 mini
Just got back in from town and the local EE shop say to download samsung keys spelt with a Q but can't find it in the app store but still not sure why one works and one doesn't strange I'm going to try the safe mode way in a while cheers

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sounds good. Also not sure about the keys... Perhaps another Samsung user can lend some clarity. I'm a Motorola guy although I did own a S4 for a few months.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Samsung Kies is downloaded on your PC. It is a backup/device manager for Samsung Mobile devices.

Download Kies here: Kies

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
If none of this works...we can help you repair it! Definitely try and back up all the data in case things get worse! ;)