1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Media Server Battery Drain

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by alwerner, Feb 28, 2011.

1. alwerner

alwerner New Member

I use Google Listen and WinAmp daily and have notice that the Media Server/Service (which both use) is draining the battery (BB .6.2.1). The battery drops from 70% to 20% after 30 minutes of use vs 5% drop of using the phone for 30 minutes.

The battery drain only occurs during playback, so I can confirm it's not Google Listen (as an example) downloading podcasts all the time.
  2. alwerner

alwerner New Member

As a follow up to this, I did found that the problem has something to do with Google Listen. I changed the Google Listen settings to only download when on WiFi or when charging and the battery usage improved. It appears that while playing a podcast and letting Google Listen try to check for new podcasts causes battery drain.
Search tags for this page

android media server battery

android media server battery drain

android media server battery use

android mediaserver battery drain
disable media server android
galaxy s3 media server battery drain
galaxy s4 media server draining battery
media server android battery drain

media server battery drain

media server drain
media server draining battery