Media Process Issues After Gingerbread Update

dubbz23

Reaction score
3Drinks: Hah! You're right, the problem did resurface. But it looks like clearing the Media cache worked. We shall see if that actually fixed the issue for good.

Here's how I did it: Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/"All" Tab/Media Storage (with all the crashing, this one is stressful to reach)/"Clear Data" button/Confirm

Then reboot the phone, and your media should all be there (except for the pictures I incorrectly advised that you delete. Sorry about that, I really thought that worked...).

I'm running into the same issues as all of you, and before i follow those steps i just wanted to clarify something... when you say reboot, do u just mean turning the phone off and then back on? Bear with me on this, i'm not too good with these types of things haha. My phone has been all sorts of slow and freezes all the time since i installed the new software OTA yesterday. And the battery drained in about an hour. Today the phone seems to be working almost normal, but i cant get my photos to come up. If you can clarify this for me, i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

By reboot I meant to just power it down and then power it back up.

Thanks a lot. I'm about to do it. Crossing my fingers, hopes it work!

EricUnLtd

Reaction score
Everything will stabilize after a few hours. One day after the update, my X is running super smooth. I'm very impressed by Gingerbread.

dubbz23

Reaction score
Everything will stabilize after a few hours. One day after the update, my X is running super smooth. I'm very impressed by Gingerbread.

So i followed the steps and my phone seems to be running a lot faster now... i clicked on the gallery and it says "loading media files". it's been doing this for about 10-15 minutes now. Granted i did have a LOT of photos on there (mainly because of the app SyncMyPix), so i was just curious if this was normal or if i should do something else? Before clearing that data, i didnt even get anything on the screen when i clicked on gallery, so i guess this is a step in the right direction?