Media Player problem

gmann

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 Global through Verion Wireless that I purchased the week after Christmas. The phone has treated me well since then but I have had two issues with it, one was resolved by an update I did last night that was just released (phone would reset when unlocking screen). The other issue I'm having trouble figuring out though.

The media player STOPS the music by itself. Not paused, but stopped.

I've used Windows Media player to rip the music onto my computer in .wma files, and .MP3. I have tried using the USB mass storage mode to drag and drop media files onto the phone, and have tried using Windows Media Sync and added files in windows media player and synced that way. Same issue with all.

I have also changed all of my power saving settings to full performance just to see if that changes it, and it doesn't.

I will select a song using the built in media player and turn the screen off (or even let it time out, won't make a difference) and let the music play. With the built in media player it will play for approx 45 -150 seconds of letting the phone idle before it stops playing. When I turn the screen on the media info is at the unlock screen if I press play the song will restart, as if the media player was stopped, NOT paused. This happens with the phone being charged or not.

When the car is in the cradle and music's being played through the "car dock" it does NOT have that problem. Even if the phone is charging or not.

I have tried using other media players such as a google one I found from a friend and winamp, same results.

Pandora, TuneIn radio, Slacker, etc all work fine.

I've tried searching the archives here and many other sites, and found nothing. Anyone have anything?

Thanks in advance.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Doesn't the Droid 2G have an built-in Task Killer that can be set to kill apps when the screen is dead? Check that in your settings or that app's settings.

Good luck.

OP
G

gmann

Reaction score
Doesn't the Droid 2G have an built-in Task Killer that can be set to kill apps when the screen is dead? Check that in your settings or that app's settings.

Good luck.

GREAT idea, you are correct about the built in task manager, and you were correct in it being on the kill list. dancedroid

Unfortunately I removed it from the list and tried a song. 2:01 into a 3:51 second same symptoms. So I tried rebooting the phone and it lasted 2:06 seconds on the same song. :(

I do appreciate the quick reply, I was certain that was the problem.

OP
G

gmann

Reaction score