Media Dock problem

jndturner

Reaction score
I have a two motorola media docks for my D2 and both have started to cycle between the normal home screen and the media dock screen. It is still charging my D2 but the screen now goes off while it is on the dock. It did not used to do so. I am not sure if the USB connection is loose or something in the docks, since it is happening in both it would seem that it must be the D2. Is there anyway of fixing the problem or has anyone else run into a similar problem.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Dock is just plastic and a magnet under the tab to put the phone in media mode. Must have smtn to do with the phone. Are you messing with the phone in any way (root, roms, etc...?)

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

OP
J

jndturner

Reaction score
I have not tried to do anything to the phone since it is used for work and is not truly mine. It does seem that the USB connection has gotten very tight but I cannot see if anything has become stuck in it. If I apply slight pressure pushing the phone back on the dock it goes back to media mode.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK I think I see what you're saying. Mine does that too (pops in out of media mode). Are you using a case? I noticed it only does this for me when I have a case on my phone. When the case is off, it fits a lot more snug.

OP
J

jndturner

Reaction score
I am not using a case for my phone ( i know I should get one) so that may not be the issue. I noticed today if I give it a firm push backwards it will stay on the media dock home screen for a while with the constant popping back and forth. That is what really annoys me.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like something to do with proximity. Media mode is triggered by the magnet in the tab of the dock.