Measuring footage with GPS

tdybdahl

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app that will measure footage and have the display in large numbers like GPS Speedo for example. Need to do a lot of mearsuring if 100 foot increments and this would be really handy if there was an app that would be set up like GPS Speedo for measuring feet.

Bob_Stan

Reaction score
I would seriously doubt that GPS accuracy would be good enough to measure 100 ft increments with any precision. Has nothing to do with the phone.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would seriously doubt that GPS accuracy would be good enough to measure 100 ft increments with any precision. Has nothing to do with the phone.

exactly

even the most accurate GPS units are only accurate within 3-10 meters so you can just throw accuracy out the window.

OldguyMark

Reaction score

exactly

even the most accurate GPS units are only accurate within 3-10 meters so you can just throw accuracy out the window.

2X - even with the most accurate surveyors equipment (can't remember what it's call, WAS (?)) you can't get that much reliable accuracy ... most of them use laser beams to measure that kind of distance ....