MeanBean Rom Question?

Batman8

Reaction score
I just installed this rom on my Note 2. Can anyone tell me how this has "complete" Multi-view control? It seems to work just like stock (where I can't add ANYTHING to it)!!

Thanks.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
You add them manually right? How's it running?

Take Note2 BK's here..

You have to flash a script in recovery AND install a special app (.apk) in order to add them. As far as it running, it's pretty smooth so far. I didn't like that the dev decided to remove the quick toggles and things from the stock notification bar, but he did at least give you an option to replace most of it like stock (again via flashing a .zip file in recovery). I haven't really noticed how well the battery life is with it because I have chargers everywhere so my N2 never goes too long without being plugged in. I installed it mostly for control over the Multi-view apps.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Very nice.. I've yet to try his Rom.. Tweaked Remix has been my TW go to Rom so far..

Take Note2 BK's here..

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
What advantages did you find Tweaked Remix to have over stock?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I like to customize a little.. So other than the multi window (which we need Haha) it has options to arrange toggles in order you want them and which ones you want up there.. You can show the status slider or hide it.... Center the clock / add pm or take it off.. Change the color. Use TW lockscreen or Aosp style.. Change colors.. Hide battery or signal..fully customizable! Must check it out.. Latest update was a few days ago..

Here's original thread I posted here but get the info at XDA... It comes with Chrome browser not stock one but I linked instructions if you want them along with files..

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=237885
ROM Alert !! Tweaked VZW Remix

Take Note2 BK's here..

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Sounds good. I might look into that one if I decide to move on from MeanBean. How do you add apps to multi-view on that rom? Is it easier or the same type of process. You would think that someone would create a rom that allows you to just drag any app into multi-view that you want (without modding it first), but I guess it's not that simple.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It comes with all apps in Multi window already.. Plus you can edit right from the multi window... Jelly beans Rom as a few other Roms already have it featured.. I believe Mean Rom developer decided to add as you go instead..

Take Note2 BK's here..

pool_shark

Reaction score
I tried remix for a minute. I think all of the TW ROMs are pretty much the same.
The exceptions being CleanROM ACE is 4.1.2 and Eclipse has dark themed apps and UI.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
I tried remix for a minute. I think all of the TW ROMs are pretty much the same.
The exceptions being CleanROM ACE is 4.1.2 and Eclipse has dark themed apps and UI.

Yeah, I'm not too big on flashing roms these days like back when I was on my Droid 1 and Droid-X. The only reason I did it now on my Note 2 is to control the apps that work in multi-view. In other words, a rom would have to really offer something new and special over stock to get me to flash it.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
This phone is solid stock mode.. Which makes it easy for those who don't want to flash.. I've had the Droid X and came from the Nexus so I'm still in that mode although less with this phone... Plus I like to test stuff if not for me for others so I can help or give opinion.. Haha
I do think you should try Remix.. It's DD material.. I have one each for TW & AOSP... (Remix & PacRom).. Either way enjoy this beast... :D

Take Note2 BK's here..

pool_shark

Reaction score
I use CleanROM ACE and Eclipse the most.
When I miss the themes I switch to Liquid or Carbon.
The problem with aosp ROMs right now is the lack of BT voice dialing and the dialpad not working with voicemail.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Eclipse and Cleanrom are great choices too.. Along with beans.. All good stuff with different spins.. Carbon is next on my check out list.. Ran well on the Nexus.. Team is solid too.... BT runs perfectly thru my car.. I don't voice dial will have to test.. I use GV for voicemail..

Edit: when you say dial pad not working what is it not doing?

Take Note2 BK's here..

pool_shark

Reaction score
Pressing 7 to delete and 9 to save doesn't work, the presses don't register.
Tried it on liquid, carbon, and rootbox.