1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Meal Journal

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by tdavisjr, Mar 9, 2011.

1. tdavisjr

tdavisjr New Member

Yes, I know, it sounds cheesy right. Well, cut me some slack, it's my first published application.

What is it?

Well, thought you you would never ask. Everyone is running a tight budget these days, well, maybe not everyone; but those that haven't hit the jackpot yet and have a mortgage to pay and kids to feed, you know what I am talking about.

I had a strange feeling that I might have been spending to much money during the week on lunch, snacks, etc and it was something I couldn't quantify since I'm not good about tracking my spending. So, having been casually exploring Android development for the past year, I was eager to get my creative juices flowing and create an application to track my meal spending, hence Meal Journal was born. It took about a week and developing it in my spare time, which if you have a full-time job and a couple of kids, then you know what spare time means (late nights).

Let me warn you, there is not a lot of bells and whistles in this application. I wanted it to be simple for a reason. I plan on making some updates in the future; but I would like for some of you to try it out for about a week and give me some ideas. It can't hurt, it's FREE and very small.