Meal Journal

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by tdavisjr, Mar 9, 2011.

1. tdavisjr

tdavisjr New Member

Yes, I know, it sounds cheesy right. Well, cut me some slack, it's my first published application.

What is it?

Well, thought you you would never ask. Everyone is running a tight budget these days, well, maybe not everyone; but those that haven't hit the jackpot yet and have a mortgage to pay and kids to feed, you know what I am talking about.

I had a strange feeling that I might have been spending to much money during the week on lunch, snacks, etc and it was something I couldn't quantify since I'm not good about tracking my spending. So, having been casually exploring Android development for the past year, I was eager to get my creative juices flowing and create an application to track my meal spending, hence Meal Journal was born. It took about a week and developing it in my spare time, which if you have a full-time job and a couple of kids, then you know what spare time means (late nights).

Let me warn you, there is not a lot of bells and whistles in this application. I wanted it to be simple for a reason. I plan on making some updates in the future; but I would like for some of you to try it out for about a week and give me some ideas. It can't hurt, it's FREE and very small.