Maylong M-150 universal android tablet

Kack

Reaction score
I've heard positive things about the Augen product line. However, if I were buying a tablet I'd be saving up and plunking down the green for that FlatComputing Tegra 2 one I've been drooling over.

Ah, the joys of being broke.

This one is running 2x the CPU speed and already has 2.1 installed. I'd say if you had the extra bucks it's worth getting the Augen one instead.

yea i saw the link and started drooling. and i cant help to still think that vzw is selling the ipad. walked by a store and the ipad advertisements were posted all over the windows and walls. i hesitate to think what vzw will look like when ip4 comes to it.

Wiiplay

Reaction score
dunno if it's been posted yet, but i saw this over on XDA. There is a 2.1 rom that works on this tablet. Definitely makes it worth picking up

DWAYN3 on XDA said:
I used this one: [ROM] EPAD 256M and 128M 1.9_88 rooted v0.3 WORKING MARKET FROM FLASH it was really easy!!!

How to Install
1. Turn off device, if the device is turned on.
2. Extract files to freshly FAT32 formatted MicroSD Card (up to 16GB Supported) under a folder/directory called "script".
3. Safely eject MicroSD Card from computer, put in device.
4. Boot device up.
5. You should see a screen that says "Tablet system update will commence. Plug in AC Adapter and DO NOT TURN OFF DEVICE".
6. Follow the prompts.
7. When device shuts down, turn it back on.
8. Turn on and enjoy root and Android 2.1!

Can't believe it was so easy! No flickering or issues as of yet.

Hey Crypto do you have the link to this thread I really would like to follow it. If in fact this device can be rooted I going for it. The funny thing is I spoke to the manufacturers and they stated due to hardware limitations it cant be upgraded to the 2.X droid line.

Kack

Reaction score
dunno if it's been posted yet, but i saw this over on XDA. There is a 2.1 rom that works on this tablet. Definitely makes it worth picking up

DWAYN3 on XDA said:
I used this one: [ROM] EPAD 256M and 128M 1.9_88 rooted v0.3 WORKING MARKET FROM FLASH it was really easy!!!

How to Install
1. Turn off device, if the device is turned on.
2. Extract files to freshly FAT32 formatted MicroSD Card (up to 16GB Supported) under a folder/directory called "script".
3. Safely eject MicroSD Card from computer, put in device.
4. Boot device up.
5. You should see a screen that says "Tablet system update will commence. Plug in AC Adapter and DO NOT TURN OFF DEVICE".
6. Follow the prompts.
7. When device shuts down, turn it back on.
8. Turn on and enjoy root and Android 2.1!

Can't believe it was so easy! No flickering or issues as of yet.

Hey Crypto do you have the link to this thread I really would like to follow it. If in fact this device can be rooted I going for it. The funny thing is I spoke to the manufacturers and they stated due to hardware limitations it cant be upgraded to the 2.X droid line.

[ROM] EPAD 256M and 128M 1.9_88 rooted v0.3 WORKING MARKET FROM FLASH
your link is right in his description but here it is anyways.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

Wiiplay

Reaction score
furbearingmammal

So you have seen tin for yourself or is it still a he said situation. Also I wanted to know if you can un-root it just in case I have to claim the warranty on it?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
DWAYN3D said he didn't have any problems. However, I'm 99% sure the root is a one-way street.

I'm not so sure that rooting this device voids the warranty, though.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Apparently there are other ROMs you can try on it. A suggestion for this one is also SlateDroid.

Maybe someone who has one of these and is serious about modding it would like to cruise around the sister forum Android Tablet Forum to see what they can find? :)

Wiiplay

Reaction score
Sounds good I still want to see DWAYN3D put up a video or pics after rooting it just to be on the safe side. I have followed the thread in [ Maylong M-150 universal android tablet - Page 10 - xda-developers ] everyone there is going bananas over it but im a bit optimistic about it but hoping that its successful since I spoke to the support team at maylong and they said it couldnt be upgraded. One more question the one being sold in DealExtream is the same or is it a knock off version. The specks are the same but the name isn't there.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Kack, wiiplay, you might be interested in this link;

SlateDroid - The BIGGEST Android Tablet Forum on the Web!

I keep seeing references and links to SlateDroid.com in regards to updated and hacked firmwares for the Deal Extreme tablet, which is the exact same thing as the MayLong M-150. :)

Folks LOVE these things, can you tell?:icon_ banana:

Wiiplay

Reaction score
Kack, wiiplay, you might be interested in this link;

SlateDroid - The BIGGEST Android Tablet Forum on the Web!

I keep seeing references and links to SlateDroid.com in regards to updated and hacked firmwares for the Deal Extreme tablet, which is the exact same thing as the MayLong M-150. :)

Folks LOVE these things, can you tell?:icon_ banana:
Very nice find. I appreciate the help. I order a tablet from DealExtream last night. Now I cant wait to get it. If in fact we can root and overclock this thing it will be the deal of the year.

crypto

Reaction score
this maylong peaked my interest in android tablets, so I've been doing some research and came across this nice comparison. For another $40 or $50 there are some much higher quality options for android tablets, even some running 2.2

Android Tablet Comparison