Maybe you know?

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
i apologize for posting in the droid X section but these are my people and i bet you guys would know...i rooted my friends T mobile HTC G2....i cant find ROMs or themes anywhere for it! anyone know a site with a bunch of roms and themes, as DF.net does for the X, for the G2?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the HTC G2. But I typed in "roms for htc g2" into Google search and top link said Sapphire ROM G2 on XDAdevelopers site.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

OP
Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the HTC G2. But I typed in "roms for htc g2" into Google search and top link said Sapphire ROM G2 on XDAdevelopers site.

i think what confuses me is....ill click on a supposed G2 rom link...but then it will say HTC desire...or HTC vision....the last thing i want to do is screw up my friends phone, know what i mean? Ive never modded anything but Motorola lol the HTC process is a foreign language :icon_eek:...somewhat

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

i think what confuses me is....ill click on a supposed G2 rom link...but then it will say HTC desire...or HTC vision....the last thing i want to do is screw up my friends phone, know what i mean? Ive never modded anything but Motorola lol the HTC process is a foreign language :icon_eek:...somewhat

Gotcha...I hear ya. Always proceed with caution. Hope you get it :)

OP
Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
lol thanks...what i need to do though is get him off t-mobile...get him on verizon...get him to buy a X...and install some darkslide for him...locked BLer or not

Raziel36

Reaction score
lol thanks...what i need to do though is get him off t-mobile...get him on verizon...get him to buy a X...and install some darkslide for him...locked BLer or not

As much as I love my X, the locked bootloader IS a horrible thing. My OG Droid had so many more ROM choices, because Devs are able to do more things, which attracts devs to the phone. Custom kernals add so much to the possibilities. The X's potential hasn't even been tapped, which is a shame. It could be so much more. I'd not recommend an X to someone that wanted custom ROMs. The devs have done great things, but a person can only do so much with their hands tied behind their back.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Agreed 100%...but for someone like my buddy...a nicely themed semi blur rom will satisfy him....as for me...I want to kick Moto in the face lol

As much as I love my X, the locked bootloader IS a horrible thing. My OG Droid had so many more ROM choices, because Devs are able to do more things, which attracts devs to the phone. Custom kernals add so much to the possibilities. The X's potential hasn't even been tapped, which is a shame. It could be so much more. I'd not recommend an X to someone that wanted custom ROMs. The devs have done great things, but a person can only do so much with their hands tied behind their back.