maybe its me???...

maddmetalmike

Reaction score
ok, I love my droid....but.... I think there is some area for improvement as far as a music player goes. quite alot actually. I bought my droid hoping to not have to switch to at&t to take my ipod to the next level. got tired of packing around a phone and an ipod.
then the droid came out, I preordered and got one as soon as they came out...sweet! but I cant use it anymore as a music player after only a few months because the headphone jack is sooooo weak it crackles and pops and pauses my music all the time. I cant even slide it in my pocket without the thing crackling and pausing, so im back to my ipod.
I have tried 4 different sets of earphones. its NOT the earphones!
and....when I do use it as a music player and then need to make a call I get NO SOUND!! even when I unplug the headphones and reset the music player...a hassle in it self. so I have to shut the whole phone completly down and restart it! what a pain...every time I need to make...or get a call! somebody tell me there is hope on the way and im not the only one with this issue!! is there a patch?? a bug fix?? something???

nerdbox08

Reaction score
If it's your headphone jack and not headphones or any app on the phone, it might be a defective jack port.

Possibly take it in? They might swap you out on warranty. Make sure if you're rooted though to go back to stock before you walk into a Verizon store.

You could try calling their customer service first and see if they have had any other cases like this.

kaboyd

Reaction score
Oh man I wish. I have the same complaints as you with the headphone jack. It sucks and it's getting worse. I'm unrooting and going into VZW tomorrow. I hope this doesn't become a massive problem with these phones.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Oh man I wish. I have the same complaints as you with the headphone jack. It sucks and it's getting worse. I'm unrooting and going into VZW tomorrow. I hope this doesn't become a massive problem with these phones.

I've heard more and more of these problems with the headphone jack as time as gone on from people who purchased around release.

From what I can gather, there is a problem with design, possibly bad parts.