Maybe I'm just stupid....

Discussion in 'Casio G'zOne Commando' started by ecgRN, Jun 3, 2011.

1. ecgRN

ecgRN New Member

....but I can't seem to get this phone to reassign the notification tone. It's stuck on "motorcycle"....

All the menus and selection seems to be functioning correctly, but the phone keeps defaulting to the frickin' motorcycle for texts. Sounds like a software issue no?

EDIT: Ok, I'm stupid...LOL. But...

I've also noticed that the battery life is less than stellar with minimal use. Went from fresh %100 charge...used google nav for ten minutes...set phone on restaurant table (yes, nav was turn off). Two hours of idle time drain the battery to %20? :icon_evil:

I am falling out of love.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  2. cbreze

cbreze New Member

How long you had it? Mines only 2 days old, but my battery seems a bit better. I do wish it would go the day, but I have so many chargers laying around it's easy to top it off.
    I was noticing once the no audible alert issue when a calendar or email would come thru. I shut it off and rebooted and all was ok. I'm coming from a bb where a daily morning reboot was pretty much the norm. I'm thinking I might try doing that again just for grins and see if it helps to reformat things once a day. At least it has yet to auto reboot on it's own. I hear the tbolt is pretty bad that way. This is a very solid phone otherwise, but sheesh, nothings perfect I guess.
  3. bushhog39

bushhog39 New Member

Stupid 2

I am having the same problem with the stupid motorcycle sound. I cant hear that thing at work. I found an app in the Market called Tone Picker, so I can change everything else to my liking. Not the texts, though. I will be watching for a fix in hopes someone will find one. I'm trying. I charge my phone overnight. (batt memory problems don't seem to be an issue here, since I have to charge it at least once a day, anyway.) I use the phone all day for texting and minimal surfing. I usually get about 10 hrs from it.
  4. ecgRN

ecgRN New Member

Go into the "Messaging" app., open the "settings" menu....change notification sound for texts there.
  5. bushhog39

bushhog39 New Member

Stupid 2

That is so cool! Thanks, so much, ecgRN. I consider myself to be fairly computer and gadget savvy, but at nearly fifty, sometimes I've a little lag time trying to keep up with the changes. Know this. You have just made my day. :icon_ banana:
  6. curlyfroman3

curlyfroman3 New Member

What did you use to close the program? I had the same problem recently because I simply backed out of the program but didn't end the task. Use Advanced Task Killer(ATK) or go to "settings"-> "applications"-> "running services" and see what is running. ATK is much easier though. Also, go to "settings"->"about phone"-> "battery usage" to see what has been eating up your battery. you might be surprised at the things you find running in there.
  7. busse3775

busse3775 New Member

I just got my casio commando and I can not figure out how to turn the vibrate on for when I receive a notification like a text, can anyone help?
  8. brad92

brad92 New Member

Should be settings, then sounds, then set vibrate for notifications.

Apex 2.0 Revolution
Search tags for this page

casio commando change text message tone

casio commando text alert

g'zone commando how to change text tone

how to change message tone on casio commando

how to change text message sound on casio commando

how to change text message tone on casio g'zone commando

how to change text message tone on gzone commando
how to change text ringtone on casio commando
how to change text ringtone on g'zone commando

how to change text ringtone on gzone commando