Maybe I made a mistake somewhere...

dj.trauma

Reaction score
OK so i was on another forum site a month ago and i attempted to root my Droid x to the gingerbread update before it was released to the public and it seemed like i successfully rooted my phone and after a couple days it started to lag and freeze for a hour or two at a time. so i decided i wanted to buy a couple other apps. one app i used in the process of rooting my phone was called 'Droid X Bootstrap' and i also used a program called 'Z4root'. thats what 'rooted' my phone, i followed the instructions to a T and i guess one way to prove your phone is rooted is look for the superuser program which should come with the root. when i found i didn't have that app i decided after a month to buy and download 'Droid Overclock'. That program didn't work either it keeps telling me root required but my phones appearance and boot looks just like the supposed gingerbread that was leaked. so i have trying very hard to figure out how to repair my phone and i went to do the hard boot the power and the home button for five seconds and then another problem occurs which is the android is there with the envelope then that envelope turns into a triangle with an '!' in the middle of it and to turn my phone back on i have to pull the battery and put it back in. my question is how do i get rid of this 'gingerbread' i mean my phone is fully functional with the occasional freeze when i actually need my phone for something important..

this is my about phone information in case it might be helpful:

System Version: 4.5.573.MB810.Verizon.en.US

Model Number: DORIDX

Android Version: 2.3.3

Baceband version: BP_C_01.09.07P

Kernal Version:
2.6.32.9-g5a891f6
w30471@il93lnxdroid42 #1

Build Number: 4.5.1_57_dx5-3

ERI Version:5

PRL version: 52220

any help to figure out why my phone is doing this and/or a solution thanks very much everyone. http://img.droidforums.net/forum/images/smilies/blackdroid.gif

J

JriderG

You have to sbf back to froyo. But there is a rooted gb leak. Don't know if z4root will work on nonrooted gb.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

andylulzyou

Reaction score
OK so i was on another forum site a month ago and i attempted to root my Droid x to the gingerbread update before it was released to the public and it seemed like i successfully rooted my phone and after a couple days it started to lag and freeze for a hour or two at a time. so i decided i wanted to buy a couple other apps. one app i used in the process of rooting my phone was called 'Droid X Bootstrap' and i also used a program called 'Z4root'. thats what 'rooted' my phone, i followed the instructions to a T and i guess one way to prove your phone is rooted is look for the superuser program which should come with the root. when i found i didn't have that app i decided after a month to buy and download 'Droid Overclock'. That program didn't work either it keeps telling me root required but my phones appearance and boot looks just like the supposed gingerbread that was leaked. so i have trying very hard to figure out how to repair my phone and i went to do the hard boot the power and the home button for five seconds and then another problem occurs which is the android is there with the envelope then that envelope turns into a triangle with an '!' in the middle of it and to turn my phone back on i have to pull the battery and put it back in. my question is how do i get rid of this 'gingerbread' i mean my phone is fully functional with the occasional freeze when i actually need my phone for something important..

this is my about phone information in case it might be helpful:

System Version: 4.5.573.MB810.Verizon.en.US

Model Number: DORIDX

Android Version: 2.3.3

Baceband version: BP_C_01.09.07P

Kernal Version:
2.6.32.9-g5a891f6
w30471@il93lnxdroid42 #1

Build Number: 4.5.1_57_dx5-3

ERI Version:5

PRL version: 52220

any help to figure out why my phone is doing this and/or a solution thanks very much everyone. http://img.droidforums.net/forum/images/smilies/blackdroid.gif

I'm about 99% sure you flashed the inital Gingerbread leak that was released by P3Droid that was missing a custom recovery and did not have root access.

DROID X Swiss Army Knife Of Files

You're going to want the full 2.3.340 SBF and if you aren't comfortable with the SBF process and RSD Lite check out Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems

OP
dj.trauma

dj.trauma

Reaction score
to:andylulzyou

ok i am a lot more comfortable using that way just there is no way to downlaod the .iso file that is needed to burn to the disc, any help

OP
dj.trauma

dj.trauma

Reaction score
what i mean is that i cannot figure out where to download this "1KDStaz0.x.iso"

OP
dj.trauma

dj.trauma

Reaction score
@Andylulzyou:
Thank you very much after I learned about that I fixed or reprogramed a lit if phones that were having that same issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums