maybe a silly question, but I'm new

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by MovieMan, Sep 6, 2010.

1. MovieMan

MovieMan New Member

Okay, so far so good. I've downloaded the manual, viewed all the videos I can find and started making a list of apps I think I might like to use.

I hope this is not a silly question. I've been reading that there is a version of the OS that you can run on your PC? I believe it's for developers, but wouldn't someone want to try it and see how it works before they get their DX? Mine won't be here until the 20th.

I was hoping I could play around with it before I get the actual device in my hands.

Thanks! Two fellas already answered my first question. This seems like a great bunch of folks.
  2. fish1552

fish1552 Premium Member Premium Member

I know Dell is supposed to be releasing some laptops with it installed either later this year or next so it should be ready to run.
    You can download and try LiveAndroid which like many Linux types can run on a CD from your drive. Here is a link: live-android - Project Hosting on Google Code

It may not be EXACTLY the same interface as what you will see on your phone though. But it should give you the idea.
  3. MovieMan

MovieMan New Member

Awesome, thanks!