May have made a big mistake... Need Help!

BrainNinjaSD

Reaction score
Yesterday as i woke up to my alarm i accidently kept pushing stuff on my phone to hit the snooze... unknowing i allowed the OTA update to install onto my phone. I am currently rooted. As a result i lost my phone capabilities, my flash recovery capabilities, almost all my superuser permissions, and i cant open the settings on the phone. when i try to reboot into recovery it just shows a triangle over a phone with an exclamation point. also my ROM manager is worthless due to the OTA update. I need some serious help... thanks

OP
B

BrainNinjaSD

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, im still in a bad spot. i have the 2.2 stock rooted rom on my phone already. also i am unable to mount my phone due to the fact that i cant access my settings any more. also i am unable to boot into recovery. if you have any other suggestions please let me know. im strugglin here.

Reaction score
Since your phone was rooted, I'm surprised the OTA completed. In view of the current status of your phone, I would try this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

Hope this is helpful

Thanks for the quick reply, im still in a bad spot. i have the 2.2 stock rooted rom on my phone already. also i am unable to mount my phone due to the fact that i cant access my settings any more. also i am unable to boot into recovery. if you have any other suggestions please let me know. im strugglin here.

read what mwhartman said, thats your answer

OP
B

BrainNinjaSD

Reaction score
well good news i followed a few links on the post you gave me. im back to stock with root... dirt stock 2.0.1 wih root but i have everything back, now im working on getting 2.2 back with all my apps and such. thanks a lot for your help, i thought i was screwed

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you are up and running. What link held the key?

OP
B

BrainNinjaSD

Reaction score
Since i was running 2.2 it was this link under 'SBF root and unroot" MotoCache1: Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version. Thanks again.