May Have Found Answer to my Battery Problem

Droidpr0

Reaction score
Thought it was pretty self explainable. I used z4root to become rooted. Downloaded setcpu and made the settings low to conserve battery but its still fast and then in my advanced auto killer I added setcpu to the ignore list so when screen goes off my autokiller kills all apps except setcpu to keep my usage down and my battery alive. If this helped thumps

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
I have an X and was able to get rid of the startup sound in the settings.

Sent from my Droid X.

zenivzen

Reaction score
What is wrong with you people? Buy an extended battery! My lasts all day and im running a live wallpaper in the background..trust me, the small bulk that it adds is well worth it

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

there's nothing wrong with an extended battery, but the DP is very sleek and it's form is one of the most appealing things about its physical feature. Due to its very fast reboot an extra battery is quite simplistic, though I in no way bash the extended battery route, I just wouldn't want to pack on extra size or weight.

zenivzen

Reaction score
The reviews of the DP said battery drain is a concern. I don't necessarily agree with an extended battery since last time I checked they weren't cheap. Amazon has affordable batteries and pack chargers for reasonable numbers and the new speed of DP's reboot make a switch out near under two minutes. Just my experience, knock it if you have the time.

1person

Reaction score
I don't understand. I had awesome battery life, then rooted and installed Vlingo. After that my battery went to ****. Since, I deleted Vlingo, I get more than a day and a half of battery...more than I had before messing around. I'm convinced it's the apps you run, rather than the device

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

zenivzen

Reaction score
i agree apps are the most likely culprits. these phones are basically pocket sized laptops so then how can people expect batteries to last. Unless you've got a cord and a plug in your office or car then a few bucks and diligence will empower you're phone all workday long.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
My method:
Low number of widgets (SimiClock, MLB At Bat, Widgetsoid, Calendar)
Wifi always off
GPS always off
Screen light 15 sec

These are basically the only battery saving measures I've taken.

tennvol

Reaction score
I've noticed being in a gsm coverage area overseas has helped my battery conservation by about 20% not sure why

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums