May have broken phone. Cant even get to M logo

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by philc21, May 4, 2010.

1. philc21

philc21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so i've been running ultimate droid 10 with bekets low voltage kernel and everything has been fine for over a week. I woke up today and the screen wouldnt turn on so i could turn my alarm off. I did a battery pull and restarted fine. About half an hour later the phone was off and i couldn't turn it back on. I would push the power button and the backlight would turn on but it wouldn't even get to the M logo. I did a battery pull and nothing. I then did a battery pull and left it out for about half an hour and i'd get it to start for about a min and shut off. i did this again and I tried reloading an older rom from nandroid and it shut off halfway through and now i can't get it to turn on at all, all it does is turn the backlight on and nothing else. Can anyone help? I tried rsd lite to reflash it but it doesnt seem to register the phone cuz theres nothing in the left box that says device properties and when i hit start nothing happens. Someone please help if you have any ideas.

2. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS Active Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    bump hold on someone will help you.

3. jtydroid

jtydroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wont lie, this doesn't sound good.

What were you overclocking at?

4. philc21

philc21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it was overclocked with profiles 900<100% 700<70% and 550<30% and charging = 550 and since it was plugged in it shoulda been at 550

5. philc21

philc21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Think i broke phone Verizon is sending me one under warranty, am i in the clear?

I think i broke my phone, cant even get to the m logo. I dont wanna create multiple threads with same question so if you wanna know what happened or might be able to help check here
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad/42529-may-have-broken-phone-cant-even-get-m-logo.html

But my question for here is since i cant get it to turn on and i cant get rsd lite to read the device and the guy at the verizon store called in for a warranty one that is being shipped to me already, do you guys think im in the clear and it'll be covered by warranty? Or are they going to probably find out it was rooted somehow.

6. jtydroid

jtydroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sure, that's not a bad profile setup at all. That said, IF (and I stress if, since I am guessing a bit here) the phone was damaged by heat from overclocking, it may have been mostly done while running at 900 and just showed up overnight.

I hope I am wrong in my suspicions though, and that someone else has a better suggestion for you.

7. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well they are only going to find out if your show the phone to them

8. philc21

philc21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks hopefully your right plus i had failsafe set if it reached over w.e setcpu says stock that itll turn to 250 mhz so im thinking the failsafe wouldhave kicked in if it was a heat issue.... any suggestions anyone?

9. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    Captain Obvious to the rescue....how about putting it on the wall charger for a while?

10. philc21

philc21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i showed it to the verizon guy at the store and he called in the warranty one that is being sent to me, but i do have to send this one to them after i get the refurbed one. my thing is are they going to be checking this again if the guy at the store already ok the warranty issue and if i cant get rsd lite to read it to reflash are they going to be able to connect to the phone if they do try and check up on it?

11. jtydroid

jtydroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Doh! I just kinda assumed that had been done, but yeah, if you haven't let it charge for a goodish amount of time, that's absolutely the first step.

12. philc21

philc21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    tried that plus tried to start it while it was plugged in same result. And when it did start the few times it had full battery

13. philc21

philc21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    also when i plug it into the wall charger the screen does the same backlight turn on but doesnt go anywhere past that

14. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    the led is on, next to the outlet on the phone, right?

If its on the wall charger and doesn't boot up in an hour then see if you can get into boot-recovery to flash a backup. Any new apps installed this week?

If that doesn't work then you can try rsd lite to sbf the phone back to stock and/or try a recovery wipe from the phone itself.

15. philc21

philc21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the led is on.
    I'll leave it for an hour im hoping itll boot but i doubt it, and no new apps this week.

I couldn't get rsd lite to read the device idk y any light you could shed on this? and i cant boot into recover either

Search tags for this page
how to get a broken phone to work

how to make a broken phone work

how to make broken phones work
how to make broken phones work again