May have bricked my Bionic... Help

saitek09112

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Bionic
Ok so to start I have had my Bionic rooted for a while now and finally decided to try a custom rom. I installed SafeStrap 3.73 without a problem but could never get it to successfully flash a different rom. After the install would complete it would tell me there was no OS installed so I did some searching and found that someone had success using an older version of SafeStrap 3.11 so I decided to try that. After installing the program and creating a recovery image I restarted the phone and have since not been able to get it past the screen with the red and white Motorola symbol. I tried a factory reset through the Android recovery system with no luck. Then I tried to reflash the stock rom back on the phone with the Android recovery but keep getting an abort message right after it says it is "Verifying Update Package." I tried recovery using RSD Lite but it keeps giving me a failed message. Also for some reason it doesn't list any phone information on the upper left part of the window. I don't know what to do next... Really need my phone working and I'm running out of ideas. Any help would be very appreciated.

OP
S

saitek09112

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Bionic
Has that version of RSD Lite worked for you before? Maybe try a different version
This was the first time it had gotten this bad. Talked to Motorola about it and everything. According to them my phone somehow got wiped. They said in their system my phone was blank. I ended up finding a thread about someone having the same problem with RSD Lite. They said before clicking ok on the error window during installation find the folder RSD Lite was installed in and copy and paste all of the contents into another folder. Apparently at the time of the error message the program was installed but after clicking ok it automatically uninstalls it. That ended up working great. Then I opened RSD Lite and tried to fix it that way but kept getting an error message at step 5 of 24. Found another thread where someone was having that same problem. A guy there said to open up the original flash that was downloaded and delete two lines of script. After I did that it went through but now I'm having problems getting my sd car to read. I'm in the process of copying everything onto a computer and am going to try formatting it on my phone to see if that will work. It was definitely a process needless to say but also a learning experience. Just couldn't understand how the newer version of safestrap was fine but the older wasn't. If anyone is having a similar problem and needs the exact files and whatnot just let me know and I'll dig it back up. Thanks for your reply

dautley

Reaction score
Whats the exact version of the ROM on your phone and what did you try to flash? if it was Jelly Bean to say a ICS baced ROM they are incompatible because of Boinic's locked boot loader and security being different between the two. Your best bet might be House of Moto here http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/forum/138-samurihls-house-of-moto/ , there is a good chance it with some help it can get you back to where you need to be as long as you haven't wiped your MID.
Forget Safestrap, your going to have to flash a new ROM with either RSD or fastboot, what ROM you started out on will determine what you need to flash.

Last edited: