may be a silly question but

amb7247

Reaction score
I use corporate sync to sync with an exchange server with stock rom that came with the phone. Does all the roms allow to setup exchange sync. This is one feature I'd like to keep if possible.

I rooted my phone with z4mod and also have the latest version of rom manager, also bought it to get premium features and also have the latest clockworkmod.

As I understand it, it's best to wipe system and data before installing the rom. I have been watching youtube videos on this stuff to further educate myself.

cpjr

Reaction score
Most, if not all ROMs require wiping data/cache or you'll get stuck in a boot loop. You don't need rom manager at all. If exchange isn't included for some reason, it will be listed in the rom's description im sure.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unless it says 'removed email' or 'removed Corporate Email' it should be included. If you really need exchange support do yourself a favor and try the 30-day trail of TouchDown, you won't regret it. The default Email client SUCKS....

OP
A

amb7247

Reaction score
yeah my problem is convincning my manager who just got a droid x that it is better so he can suggest it to the sales people. The default isn't bad but touchdown is more neatly organized. He thinks that it should more integrated with the phone but it's not difficult to hit a couple of buttons or set a desktop icon for TD.
now if Nitrodesk will include distribution groups and list contacts in those groups like you see when you open outlook webmail or outlook when it sycs with exchange and it'll be perfect.

Thanks guys. I'll let this phone charge some more before trying a mod.

OP
A

amb7247

Reaction score
I put apex on. Seems pretty fast and better without motoblur. I guess to use another rom I can hit boot strap recovery, reboot into bootstrap recovery and wire data and cache, then choose the zip that contains the rom file.

Seems easy. Apex took about 10-15 min to install.