May 17th call Verizon

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by pc747, Apr 30, 2011.

1. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

If you are using the mobile hotspot feature on trial basis you MUST call in on May 17th to cancel. I was told by a csr when I went to sign up for the plan, that they would have auto billed me for the service for activating the feature during the trial period. I discussed with him the backlash that would ensue if they charged people after may 17 for mobile hotspot that they did not use because they did not call in to cancel. So that you are not surprised by a bill make sure you do that.

sent from droidforums app
  2. bluefire7002

bluefire7002 New Member

oh almost forgot about that.. thanks for the heads up
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011
  3. EgooEspada

EgooEspada New Member

Wow that's going to cause problems. I already assumed Verizon would do this - after all this is Verizon we're talking about. Ill be sure to cancel in time, thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my ADR6400L
  4. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

Thanks for the heads up pc!!

This thread has been Thunder struck!
  5. thurilok

thurilok New Member

I got different information from the rep I spoke with. She indicated you would need to call if you wished to continue service. She also indicated that the price would be going up to $30 a month. On the bright side, she said that you would be able to add and remove the feature as needed online, and it would be prorated, which would work out well for me as I only tether a few days a month.
  6. ionide

ionide New Member

Yeah, this is misinformation. You don't have to call and cancel.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  7. slinky

slinky New Member

There is no need to call and cancel. Unless I completely missed it, I was never subscribed to purchase that product.
  8. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

If it was misinformation then I got it from the csr. But If another csr is telling you something different then I will call again on monday.
  9. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

I want to believe that the rep that sold me my phone told me that I too had to call in to continue the service, but I have a hard time accepting that because I explained to her that the mobile hotspot was free until the May 15.

I'm going to call and make sure they remove the serivce on the May 14.
  10. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

I'm sure that Verizon doesn't want a repeat of what happened with all the reimbursements they had to issue for the unauthorized data charges that surrounded multimedia phones. If I'm remembering correctly, the result of all those upset customers combined with reimbursements is what led Verizon to make $9.99 data plans mandatory for multimedia phones.
  11. Droid DOES!!

That's what made them do away with the required plan actually. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you have to call to unsubscribe from the feature, you had to when they gave you 30 days of VZ Navigator for free.

12. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

Unfortunately different reps are going to tell us different things because not everyone is on the same page. It happens almost every time I have a issue and the first csr I talk to can't solve the problem. So I call back again get a different csr and usually different results.
  13. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

I just logged into my online account and I noticed that of my three mobile hotspot capable phone lines, my Thunderbolt line is the only one missing the Wireless Internet Access category that has 3G Mobile Hotspot & Moble Broadband Connect. The other two lines has the option of selecting this feature.

Since I can't manually remove it myself, it leads me to believe that Verizon does plan on removing the feature after the promotional period is over and we have to call them and request to keep it. But I still plan on calling them and making sure they remove the feature, it's just not worth the chance of them billing me for something that I don't have much use for right now.
  14. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

I'm feeling uninformed right now

When did they do away with the required plans for multimedia phones? I was going to buy a phone off of a co-worker last summer give or take a month. I heard that multimedia phones required a data package, so I called to verify before I bought the phone and the csr confirmed what I had heard and told me that I had to have the data package on a En-V touch because it was a multimedia phone. Not knowing that makes me feel out of touch with what's going on in the world and I live in these forums and on the internet.
  15. Droid DOES!!

A few months ago. That's why they no longer have "multimedia" phones. I never agreed with it in the first place..even when I was a rep :)

16. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire New Member

When I signed up for my Thunderbolt, I was asked if I wanted the "tethering" feature to be automatically added to my account after the free period was over. I said yes, since I need it for my work. But, I'm not sure if that was just BS or not. Yesterday, I was looking online for a way to turn on/off the tethering on the VerizonWireless.com website, but I don't see it. I would imagine that if you had to call to cancel this, Verizon would have a lot of angry Thunderbolt users since, most don't tether.

I refuse to call and talk to reps because you'll get a different story each time you talk to them. So, help me out here - it's going to go UP to $30? $30 for 2GB? Usually Verizon sticks with industry standard, which is $25 for 2GB and $45 for 4GB (AT&T).
  17. Sherry

Sherry Member

Thanks for the info on the discontinued charges for multimedia phones!!!! My grandson has one on our account and we were being charged $9.95 every month. I had blocked his data use - he has no concept and went over use the first month he had the phone, so basically we were paying for nothing.
    I called Verizon yesterday and my CSR was extremely nice and immediately recredited my account from Sep 10 through April 11. Thanks guys, your help just saved me $80 and who knows how much more going forward!!!
  18. funkyb

funkyb New Member

+1

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  19. wctaylor79

wctaylor79 Premium Member Premium Member

Not sure the final price, but as far as data is concerned you will still be using the unlimited data. So no cap on the data that you can use. Only difference is you will be charged monthly either 20 or 30 not sure which to have the option for the hotspot.
  20. ryblock

ryblock New Member

Be careful with multimedia phones...one of my co-workers kids has a LG Dare, and he has no data plan for it. He got a bill today for over $850, data overages on the dare. I'm glad i'm not his kid lol