Maxx won't connect to home wifi.

marcelo

Reaction score
Hello. My maxx won't connect to my ATT DSL Wifi with 2Wire wireless modem. I've tried restarting both modem and phone with no success. Maxx tries to obtain IP address but fails to connect. Doesn't even ask for the password. 2wire modem is about a year old. Any suggestions? Thank you!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hello. My maxx won't connect to my ATT DSL Wifi with 2Wire wireless modem. I've tried restarting both modem and phone with no success. Maxx tries to obtain IP address but fails to connect. Doesn't even ask for the password. 2wire modem is about a year old. Any suggestions? Thank you!
Had the exact same problem on my Razr...had to change out the router because it was to old...5 years old and just wasn't able to interface with the newer technology on the cell phone.

dsprik

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Just bought a new router (stay away from the cheap ones...) yesterday. Huge difference. My and my wife's Razrs connected quickly and have not dropped since. My Dish Hopper system (wireless connected) and new wireless Sony Blu-Ray player are all connected and staying that way - along with our three laptops... Had many problems staying connected with my old cheap router.

OP
marcelo

marcelo

Reaction score
Oh lol. So the device wouldn't connect? What was the solution?

Ok if ya gotta know... settings, wireless/networks,wifi settings, long press on my network, press connect, then enter network password >>>> connected! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Reaction score
That's good to hear. Always had great service from bellsouth. Even got em to throw in an upgraded router once. Glad you got it working

Eta: oops meant att