Maxx will only boot into fastboot...battery stays at zero.

Fullstop

Reaction score
I can.boot into fastball. Plugged in. Unplugged. I can plug it into the computer and adb is active.

Phone is is dead or something. Got a replacement coming but I'd like to pull the photos, downloads, and such off of it. I assume abd would.be capable but I have no clue.

(Background: it just stopped charging. But manages.to hold.a charge while plugged in when booted into fastboot. No changes. Just completely random. Sorry for.cruddy punctuation. Using my.daughter's kindle. Damon key board.

Thanks guys.

doogald

Reaction score
If you are trying to charge it while plugged in to a computer, I'd try charging while plugged into the wall. (Sorry if that's obvious, but it's not clear from your post if you've only been charging while plugged in to a PC.) I'd also try another cable and charger.

That said, it sounds like the phone has failed, and, if that's the case, it's likely that any photos, etc., and no accessible anyway. I'm pretty sure that ADB will not work if the phone is unbootable.

Too late now, but my advice would be to turn on automatic photo backup using Google+, Dropbox, Box, etc., on your replacement device as soon as you can, so you'll never lose another photo if it happens again.

Good luck, I hope that you find a way to get the photos back...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
What the post immediately above has said may not be totally true, and the data on that internal SD card may still be fully intact, however getting it off with ADB commands is above my knowledge base. I am sure there are others here who can comment with greater confidence and may be able to walk you through it.