Maxx owners..If you had to get a verizon phone

Reaction score
I had 3 gnex from Costco all had horrible reception issues, but I know a lot of people don't have that issue.

I like the nexus so much I'm considering trying one from verizon.

I really don't like moto blur, but today I am leaning towards the Razr Maxx.

Can't wait to sell my 4S and get it over with.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

The blur on ics is hardly noticeable except for the icons and a few apps just so you know. I froze the apps and changed the icons and I'm a happy camper

Cinoib

Reaction score
Love the Maxx, it for sure has the best build quality and battery life of the 3 phones. No, ICS was not released and won't be for a few months. However, you can get the official leak. I am running it with no issues at all, everything works flawlessly and ICS is awesome. Takes like 3 minutes to root the phone and another few minutes to install ICS.

Rumor has it ics will roll may 21 if the soak test is good.

The Maxx screen is just fine for every day use IMHO. Side by side the rezound has a better screen based on ppi. The Nexus has a better ppi to. But the feel and durability of the Maxx is much better. The you consider the 3300 mAh battery... Maxx wins hands down.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

nyvideo

Reaction score
I just got my MAXX on Tuesday, and am coming from a Thunderbolt. So far I really love the Maxx. I charged it Tuesday night and unplugged from the charger at 7am Wednesday morning. During the day I made several long calls, used e-mail all day, and was getting most of my old apps from the app store so I had high data usage. By the time I went to bed I had 60%. I didn't charge it and left it on all night and used it Thursday. At 9pm Thursday night it finally hit 15%. Getting 1 1/2 days is great life!

My only complaint so far is that the stock mail app does not delete the e-mail from the server inbox when using IMAP. I get a lot of things all day I read and delete, so when I get home I don't need to see them come up again on my computer or iPad.
I am trying Maildroid and that is deleting the messages on the server and is grabbing the mail almost instantly rather than every 15 min like on the stock app.
I think I am losing batter life since I am at 80% since this morning, but I'll see as the day progresses.

Is there any way to get the stock mail app to delete from server?

Tuna62

Reaction score
I use Go SMS... It deletes my emails. To be clear... If I delete an email on phone... Then get on my pc.. It's gone.

clintro

Reaction score
I use the Gmail app with my gmail account and the phone takes care of deleting them on the server so they do not show up on my desktop.

(GoSMS is a texting app shouldn't have any effect on emails)

Andielyn

Reaction score
OP here..broke down yesterday and bought the maxx. It was I wanted, I was just trying to justify the price. Battery is pretty effin awesome, been playing all day and damn, the speed comin from an X...wow. happy customer.

Yay! You'll love it!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Kimo91

Reaction score
IF you had to in the next couple days. I'm torn. Galaxy Nexus is $149 on Amazon, but I'm really not that impressed. Buddy @ work has it, doesn't seem snappy enough I dunno, but $149 is hard to pass up. Then theres HTC Rezound ( I love htc phones even though I'm rockin an X now) and it's available for like $100. It seems to have everything I want, except battery life like every other droid, which brings me to my next point The Maxx $229, seems to have the the best build quality, but the display is supposedly weakest of the 3. I have played with all 3 devices, but in a store setting, certain lighting etc...the maxx def is snappy tho and did the ICS update roll out last week? Any complications/imperfections? Im not sure what to do. Is batt life really that good? Like 3300 mah? Worth it you for an extra $130-$80? Weigh in.

The screen is good right now...I had the leaked ICS ROM (.75) and for some reason the screen popped more, clearer and sharper...at least that's my opinion and don't know if anyone running any ICS leak noticed that or not.

Sent from my Sith powered and rooted DROID RAZR MAXX

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Kimo91 said:
The screen is good right now...I had the leaked ICS ROM (.75) and for some reason the screen popped more, clearer and sharper...at least that's my opinion and don't know if anyone running any ICS leak noticed that or not.

Sent from my Sith powered and rooted DROID RAZR MAXX

Now that you mentioned it... :)
I was thinking the same, but really not sure..

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

skipbl92

Reaction score
I'm glad I got the Maxx, but I got the leap day sale. The battery is better than any extended battery because its huge, yet the phone stays super thin!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I got my Maxx on the leap day sale + I was able to use me last NE2, so I got my Maxx for 169.99. I am glad I got the Maxx also, great device. The only other things I bought for it was a Zagg Invisible Shield (just the front) and an OtterBox Commuter Case.

Good luck with your choice!