Maxx owners: do/have you sold android phones you used to use or keep them?

huskur

Reaction score
1.Bag Phone through Bell Atlantic
2.Nokia - Brick type phone (can't remember what model but you had to pull up the antenna)
3.Star Tac-- Remember those!
4.OG Razr
5.LG envy 2
6.LG Voyager
7.OG Droid
8.Droid 2
9.Droid X
10.iPhone 4S- What a disaster--What was I every thinking (I just had to know but now I just want to forget)
11.Droid 4- Nice but terrible battery life (switched to Bionic)
12.Droid Bionic- Now the wifes primary phone (Maxx debut- had to have it)
13.Razr Maxx- Current device
14. ?????? Thinking the SGS3 is in my future until the G Note comes to VZW or something like it.

Gave them all away except the Droids or Iphone. Still have the OG Droid. Sold the rest.

Who needs an upgrade? What I do is...... Buy the GS3 for $650 then sell the Maxx on ebay with accessories for $500+. Basically its like getting the GS3 for $150 (650-500). Did the same thing with the iPhone. Paid $650 but sold it for &700 and bought the Maxx and made a profit. If you have the latest phone and then want the next big thing out, just buy it outright and sell the previous phone for top $$$ to offset your cost.

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
Where I work I can't have a cameraphone, so what I do is take my last phone and physically remove the cameras and bring that one into work, then use my newest one (with cameras) outside of work. Currently my Thunderbolt is cameraless and goes into work with me, and my MAXX I use outside of work. I turned the TBolt sim card into an adapter (large sim card) and swap the Maxx sim card (micro-sim) back and forth every morning. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, but with not being able to bring a cameraphone into work the ability to do this is a godsend.

I bought the MAXX a few months ago but my upgrade is coming up soon. If I can still get the newest latest and greatest at the upgrade price without losing my unlimited 4G, I'll pull the cameras out of the MAXX and be able to bring that one into work... Then do a factory reset on my rooted TBolt and sell it for a decent price as a cameraless phone a coworker can bring into work.

It's a niche market I have cornered. :biggrin:

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Before smartphones I kept them. My kids liked to use them for play(battery removed of course). I have sold my two smartphones before this one. They sell for pretty good price even when they are a couple of years old.

huskur

Reaction score
Where I work I can't have a cameraphone, so what I do is take my last phone and physically remove the cameras and bring that one into work, then use my newest one (with cameras) outside of work. Currently my Thunderbolt is cameraless and goes into work with me, and my MAXX I use outside of work. I turned the TBolt sim card into an adapter (large sim card) and swap the Maxx sim card (micro-sim) back and forth every morning. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, but with not being able to bring a cameraphone into work the ability to do this is a godsend.

I bought the MAXX a few months ago but my upgrade is coming up soon. If I can still get the newest latest and greatest at the upgrade price without losing my unlimited 4G, I'll pull the cameras out of the MAXX and be able to bring that one into work... Then do a factory reset on my rooted TBolt and sell it for a decent price as a cameraless phone a coworker can bring into work.

It's a niche market I have cornered. :biggrin:

where did you get your adapter? cool idea. I have a "back up" Bionic that I would like to get this for!

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
Phone wise I think I'm going to stick with this until my contract ends because it serves my needs...unless some remarkable phone cones out which the S3 isn't.

However. If Asus makes a new tablet I'm on it...Fox Fi for Wi-Fi on the go and it's gravy from there. I really would prefer 8.9 inches to 7 or 10.1 though..

zencyl

Reaction score
I got the original droid when it came out, and then upgraded to the razr maxx. I use the droid for my home media device now, I carry it around and play music or podcasts or whatever when I'm in wifi range. Best use is I use it for a radio in the morning when im shaving and showering and all that or out in the garage working on something and not worry so much about tearing it up.

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
where did you get your adapter? cool idea. I have a "back up" Bionic that I would like to get this for!

They sell sim card adapters on amazon, but I didn't buy one from there. There is a tech store in my mall that had a punch tool that you put your large sim card into and it cuts out the contact area and then you puy your microsim card into it. Just do a Google search for sim card adapters... they're out there and they can make life nice if you need one.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

kgren27546

Reaction score
I had and HTC incredible before my Max, now my grand daughter has it. Its not active as a phone but has hey puzzles and word games and other games she plays on it. It still hooks up on wifi to download updates on her games and stuff.