Maxx or nexus?

en28so

Reaction score
What do you guys think I should get? Thanks! I have a droid x right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
A good radio is a must. Since reception sucks at home even with my DROIDX.

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
How much do they want for the maxx? I can get the nexus free from BB, and that's the catch. Wife said free or forgetaboutit. :-(

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
A good radio is a must. Since reception sucks at home even with my DROIDX.

Then you want the Maxx!
I have both. I never have any problems at all with dropped calls or any other problems while talking on the phone with the Maxx. The nexus on the other hand, drops calls and/or signal from time to time.

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
Another thing I hate are screen covers and cases, which will be needed on the nexus, but not on the maxx right? Gorilla glass on the maxx correct? Thanks.

great999

Reaction score
razor maxx is the only way i just ditched my nexus what a hunk of junk dropped signal and network all the time everyday..
went to nexsus forums and found others have same issues... new maxx is 1 week old rooted and not one single drop or network loss..

IT WAS THE PHONE NEXSUS = P.O.S

i paid 199 for the nexus and they gave me a rebate of 150 as trade in i will not cry over the 50 doallrs trust me the phone is crap

Last edited:

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
I have a nexus and have yet to have a signal issue with this one. It depends where this question is asked on the respounce your gonna get. If you wanna root and romm and enjoy the freedom of android the Nexus is the clear winner. If you want a phone with a longer lifespan the Nexus is the clear winner.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
After 6 Galaxy Nexuses, Vzw let me change to a Maxx in lieu of going with Nexus # 7. For me, I loved GNex as a device - rooting, ROMing, tweaking, etc ... but I came to despise GNex as a phone! Horrendous call quality, noises / squealing / beeping, etc while on calls. I need something that functions as a phone first and foremost .... over a week on the Maxx now and I have yet to experience call issues like I did on my GNex. And honestly, I don't even miss ROMing and such (I know Maxx has support, I just haven't played) ... don't miss looking for the the latest and greatest ROM. Just enjoying having a fully functional *phone*!!!

~~ Tapped from the 7th dimension~~

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
en28so said:
Another thing I hate are screen covers and cases, which will be needed on the nexus, but not on the maxx right? Gorilla glass on the maxx correct? Thanks.

Your still going to need a case with the maxx. I broke the screen in a case no way I would not have a cover. Personally the maxx is the choice I would go with but its not free with upgrade yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Rogus

Reaction score
How much do they want for the maxx? I can get the nexus free from BB, and that's the catch. Wife said free or forgetaboutit. :-(

Sounds like you have your answer. Get the Nexus because it's free. Of course, I always wonder why something is free.

Reaction score
Your still going to need a case with the maxx. I broke the screen in a case no way I would not have a cover. Personally the maxx is the choice I would go with but its not free with upgrade yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Well I have dropped mine several times without even a scratch. I am inclined to think that it broke because it was in the case.

cutiedroid

Reaction score
en28so said:

well, the gorilla glass may be great if you're a dropper, but it's fingerprint city. It does however wipe clean with just a tissue.

interusa

Reaction score
Good experience with MAXX

I got the MAXX(I had the droid x) big difference, I only paid 169 wirefly!:)

sajgel

Reaction score
Get the maxx, you will have less problems. I bet the wife wouldn't want to be aggravated.

lowfatdog

Reaction score
We got my son the Nexus instead of the maxx (cost) and most everyone said the nexus would work fine for a 17 year old. We activated it around midnight in a major city not to far away (vacation) on his birthday. Within ONE minute of it being activated and us calling from one phone to another playing around, the nexus started droping calls while the two maxes and the S3 worked great. This was not just losing 4G, it was losing all connections with verizon period. Some have had no problems but we got one of the bad ones. Needless to say, the next morning we took it back to verizon (fought like hell cause they wanted to charge us the restocking fee) and we got him the S3. All the issues have stopped and his new S3 worked great in the same city on that same day. I won't recomend the Nexus to anyone after our experience.