Maxx is not coming up

aarong03

Reaction score
I did a reboot after reset and now the phone is just staying on the lighting screen and vibrating every so often, and not going to my home screen. Help is needed right away!Phone was rooted. How do I correct this???

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
When you say reboot after reset, you mean you did a factory data reset from recovery and then rebooted the phone? So now you are stuck on the boot logo and getting no where correct?

What OS were you on prior to the reset, you didn't have any custom ROM installed did you?

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
Yes, I did factory reset. Then added back all my apps and the rooted the phone. Then I did the battery style reset and now it's staying on the boot logo screen. I'm ICS4.0.4 and no custom ROM.

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
I was able to get into the fastboot mode and its telling me the phone is locked and I need to press power button in order to return to normal mode.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Phone is always locked (it is referring to your bootloader which is locked by Verizon/Manufacturer), pressing the power button will just turn off the phone so you can power it back on to normal boot up. How did you root the phone?

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
I used Utility 1.7 from Mat. I got into the boot options but I had it on AP fastboot mode and it was still lock. I didn't move it up to power up normal option. What can I do to correct this?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
When you rooted the phone did it work, did the phone reboot normally and then you were rooted? Then once rooted you did a hard reset by holding down the volume down and the power button and then you get stuck at the boot logo?

If you do another hard reset by pressing the volume down and power button for another 10 seconds does it get passed the logo and boot normally?

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
Yes root worked fine. And it booted up normally and titanium backup was working fine. Yes, then I reset it using the power and volume down button. And Im getting stuck in the boot logo screen. No it doesn't get past the boot logo. It just keeps vibrating and staying on the boot screen.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That is quite strange, I can't imagine what went wrong but sounds like you are going to have to use the Fastboot files to get your phone back in working order.

Credit goes to FoxKat for laying it out step by step

OK, SO...

RSD Lite V5.7 (https://www.box.com/shared/nvik76p1ll45svunalr3) is the VERY SAME TOOL that Motorola Authorized dealers use to flash the ROM Systems onto phones. They use the Factory Data Programming Cable (2.5 ft Micro USB Factory Cable Fastboot mode for Motorola Xoom Droid Razr Atrix | eBay) to do it, but we can use our stock cable. It's run on a Windows XP PC.

The current Fastboot Image Version 4.0.4 (http://sbf.droid-developers.org/cdma_spyder/VRZ_XT912_6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31_1FF.xml.zip) is the one that will take you back to STOCK .211, and I have proven it will do so even from a leaked upgrade (in this case, .215).

You need to install the Motorola Drivers (https://www.box.com/shared/8cohqit95qz8yjunedrg), then install and run RSD Lite.

Once you've done that, you'll extract the Fastboot file above to a folder on your computer, then connect the phone via USB (make sure USB Debugging is set), and then set your phone to "Media Device" (MTP). Then RSD Lite will identify your phone.

Finally, you need to click on the browse button (...) at the top of the RSD Lite program, and browse to the VRZ_XT912_6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31_1FF.xml file in the folder you extracted the Fastboot to.

Finally, click "Start" and sit back.

Doing this should get your baseline system files corrected by whatever happened to them but still leave your applications you just installed alone.

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
Thanks, but I managed to get it to do a factory data reset and I'm just going to reinstall everything. Thanks so much for your help though. I will keep this just in case it happens again.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Cool that works too.

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
Well I turned it on after charging it up last night. So I had opened up the titianum root app and it allowed me to freeze apps. I thought you could only do that with a phone that has been rooted? Is that the case, or did the factory reset not get rid of the root? I think it did, but not sure why I was able to freeze apps without the phone being rooted. What-ya think.