maxx hd

Discussion in 'RAZR HD and RAZR HD MAXX Support' started by sabirc13, Oct 29, 2012.

1. sabirc13

sabirc13 New Member

have you guys rooted your hd maxx? i did mine, and unfortunately i think i effed something up cause now i cant get updates it keeps prompting me to setup a motorola service acct, then stays on the communicating to servers screen for a while, then nothing happens. I know the update isnt significant but now im pissed cause i dont know if ill have a problem getting the jelly bean update when that comes out. If u cant tell im a damn noob to all this so any advice is welcome.
  2. geoff5093

geoff5093 New Member

How did you root it? I did it with mine and had no issues.
  3. sabirc13

sabirc13 New Member

Downloaded the drivers and extracted file. It keeps saying I need to setup a Motorola service acct. Then says communicating with servers then just stops.
  4. sabirc13

sabirc13 New Member

Fixed the problem just restored to stock firmware thanks to this:
    Restore to stock factory firmware and unroot Droid RAZR HD & Maxx HD (XT926) | AndroMods
    Found out through a youtube comment that RSD Lite could be opened with a program "7-zip"
    Got and downloaded the update after which i rooted again; figured that now i could just go back to stock firmware whenever i wanted so why not? After that it seems, and maybe its just me, that locating bloatware to delete is very hard, perhaps hidden. Anyway the problem is fixed; rooting to stock firmware will take care of you.
Search tags for this page

droid motorola razr maxx hd stock firmware

unroot droid razr maxx hd
unroot to original os razr maxx hd