MAXX HD support with Moto Lapdock

Reaction score
Coming from the OG RAZR here. Bought the Motorola Lapdock 100, then decided to upgrade to the MAXX HD.

Anyone know if the HD versions work on the lapdock?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
No, it won't - there is no webtop support on the HD's...

I have plugged my Maxx HD into my Lapdock 500 and it will charge the device but without webtop there is nothing on the lapdock screen...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
No, it won't - there is no webtop support on the HD's...

I have plugged my Maxx HD into my Lapdock 500 and it will charge the device but without webtop there is nothing on the lapdock screen...

It actually does work, I had to remove my case to get the connection tho... It does not have webtop but it does mirror your screen so it is just like seeing a larger view of your phone... It is not the tablet interface like we had on the Razr & Maxx...

Thanks to redtarget on helping me figure it out...:D

~taking notes~

MightyT01

Reaction score
Wow, they really did mean it when they said they would stop Webtop support. Really sad, because Webtop is just plain old Android 4.0 ICS Tablet Version which is already burned into ICS. I love it on my Lapdock 100 and use it all the time. I also use it on my HDTV with a wireless keyboard with trackpad. You essentially get a giant version of an Android Tablet and can use your phone as a HTPC for all media consumption and to play games with a bluetooth controller.

I hope someone creates a custom dock app to enable this back in future Moto phones.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx on Tapatalk 2 via Lapdock 100.