Maxx cut off and would not come back on...

TripleX

Reaction score
Someone explain this one...

I'm using twitter on my phone and I get a phone call, I answer it (battery at 60%). I talk for 40 minutes, caller disconnects. I pull the phone away from my ear and the screen won't come back on. So I have my girlfriend call and nothing... I let it sit for five minutes, still nothing. Plug it in to the charger, again no response. Press and hold the Power On button, no response... So a good 20 minutes later I press and hold all the power and volume buttons on the side and the phone comes back on. Battery now at 50%... Can anyone tell me what caused this ?

Thanks

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What you have here was a proximity sensor malfunction.. or so it sounds to me. Download androsensor from the play store. Run the app. When you first start it, in the proximity sensor area it should say waiting for event. The proximity sensor is on the left side of the earpiece with the light sensor. Pass your finger about an inch away from the sensor, see if it registers.

If it hangs up again, you may try using the power button.to wake it up. If that doesn't work, hold down the power button and the volume down button at the same time. Keep them held down until you feel the phone vibrate. Then release them. The phone will power back on.

Hope this helps.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

OP
TripleX

TripleX

Reaction score
The sensor reading goes from 39.4 in to 1.2 in after putting my finger in front of it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That's working correctly... this happens to my device sometimes too, but never that long. If it doesn't wake the screen when you pull it away.from your face, use the power button to wake the screen.. if this continues, I suggest a factory data reset

OP
TripleX

TripleX

Reaction score
Weird..., guess if it happens again I'll make them give me a new one :blink:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I wouldn't but that's me. A factory data reset will probably correct the issue. I'd rather keep what I have, than inherit another persons problem.. but that's me.. hope this helps?

OP
TripleX

TripleX

Reaction score
Definitely helps :cool: I do recall a few times after phone calls that the display was delayed at coming back on when pulling it away from my ear..

May just be a software issue.. If I do a factory data reset do I have to reinstall all my apps ?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yes, but in the privacy area in settings, if you have the restore and backup. Boxes selected(top of the screen) it will be a breeze. You device will be backed up to your gmail account. So when you sign back in, your device will pull the settings back down. And the play store will usually push your downloaded apps right back to you.

OP
TripleX

TripleX

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch ! If it happens again I will do the reset.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No problem :)

androidify

Reaction score
This has happened to me a couple of times also it seems it only does it with a long telephone call 35 mins+ it keeps the call connected until other person hangs up then I have to press the power and volume button to reboot, it also leaves no info about the call In recent calls. Weird! But next time it happens I guess I'll reset.

OP
TripleX

TripleX

Reaction score
Mine hasn't done it again since I originally posted this thread. When I talk now (longer calls) I pull the phone from my head several times during a conversation so that the screen cuts back on.

Oh... and the Androsensor App was making the backlight for my control buttons at the bottom of the phone cut off and back on every few seconds. It was also screwing with my Screeble App causing it to not work properly. After uninstalling Androsensor things went back to normal.