Maxx Battery?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX HD' started by tbt666, Oct 24, 2012.

1. tbt666

tbt666 New Member

So when I got up this morning I had my phone plugged in over night and it was at %100... I started downloading some of my apps because I just got the phone and needed some apps and played Some video games and for about a hour or so maybe and shut my phone of for school and by then the battery was like at %89.... later I started my phone up to use my notes and was using that for about 45 minutes and shut my phone off again this time though at %77.... now after a hour its down to %63 and that sorta seems like its running down to fast.....
  2. dan.dar

dan.dar New Member

I noticed today the phone was very warm just sitting in my pocket. Not sure what app crashed but the power was down by 6% inside an hour and I wasn't even using it. I restarted it and it has been done since.

Sent from my MAXX HD.
  3. tbt666

tbt666 New Member

That's what mine is doing and all things considering the apps I was using don't take that much to run and here I am down to %34 and at this rate I won't even make it to the end of the day and Motorola said its suppose to last 2 days without charge...... I think there alittle off
  4. Droid101

Droid101 Member

One Motorola's quoted times are only an estimate which they actually estimate it as 32hrs for the Max version.

Secondly if you are experiencing a battery drain issue it has to do with an app you've downloaded is causing it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  5. Kaos2flo

Kaos2flo New Member

yeah its gotta be an app on your phone. With medium to minor use, i can probably get through 2 days. with heavy use, i can most definitely still get through a normal day.
  6. droidxep

droidxep Member

I'm having battery issues as well. I mostly have the same apps that I had in my Droid x and never had a problem with them. My x actually got same battery life I'm getting now.
  7. droidxep

droidxep Member

Down 4% in 30 minutes and all I've done is checked emails and spent 10 minutes reading in the forum. Seems pretty quick, only getting 12 hours at that pace
  8. dan.dar

dan.dar New Member

Reboot. That's what you do when a PC crashes. Your phone is a small PC. If it still behaves like that after the reboot, let it drain a bit and then look at battery stats to see which app is causing it.
  9. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

Wow, suprised to see all these battery issues! I am on my second Maxx HD (first one had hardware issue where it would "loose" my SIM card) and both have had incredible battery life. Right now I am at 48% after 1 day 5 hours (1:50 screen on/36m calls/1 hour GPS/1 hour Pandora) .... not heavy use by any means, but not as bad as some of the #'s reported in this thread :blink:
  10. TxDoc

TxDoc Member

Are any people with problems allowing their battery to completely drain down until the phone shuts off and then letting the phone charge back up on the included charger to 100% without taking it off the charger?

Might be worth trying to see if that ends the problem of quick drainage. Most people find it hard to allow this process to go through the whole cycle of discharge and recharge and leave the phone alone.
  11. droidxep

droidxep Member

I did this for my first two charges, stayed up until 3 one night with flashlight and video going to drain it down so I could put it on the charger and go to bed
  12. rkersh409

rkersh409 New Member

I just got phone Tuesday evening. The first full day I went from 4:30am till 8:30pm with heavy use and still had 10%. Today I unplugged it at 4:30am and when I got to work at 5:30am it was already down to 96% with no use. By 3:00pm I had to put it on charge. Display shows 68% and Dolphin shows 18% with display being on 4 hours. I did not install any apps today that were not on it since the first full day. I have my display turned down to about 35-40%.

I just uninstalled Dolphin to see if I get better battery life tomorrow.
  13. Kaos2flo

Kaos2flo New Member

^^This^^ I did this for my first charge. If I leave my phone overnight for 8 hours, it goes down 1%. Seriously everyone should do the method mentioned above. What I do and what I heard works is that you use the phone until it completely shuts off on you, then you leave it turned off and charge it to 100% and leave it there for an extra hour or so even after it is full. Then unplug it and turn it on. Use it until it is 5% or below and charge it to 100% again while on. That way, your phone calibrates your battery. Only let your phone die the one time though. Anymore than that isn't helpful and could harm the battery/phone.

Now I know there are different opinions and rebuttals about doing this, but to me, it has worked for every phone I've had since my first Nokia (with the original snake) :biggrin:.
  14. StiffOneEye

StiffOneEye Member

I couldn't be happier with my battery life. Granted I'm coming off an almost 2 yr old DroidX. I run this golf gps app, SwingBySwing, which I love. On my DX I could barely get through an entire round with a completely full charge at start. Yesterday, I started the round with my Maxx HD at 89% and at the end of the round I still had 62%! Plus the screen images were so much more crisp and beautiful.
  15. PBarn

PBarn New Member

It's probably the usage, but after 'normal usage' (for me, that means setting it up more, looking stupid crap up on the web, etc.), I made it 20mins shy of 64 hours on my first full charge. Unbelievable. Of course last night I played Bad Piggies (not sure for how long, but I made some good progress) after recharging completely and it was down to 91% (almost six hours later I'm at 88%). I came from the OGDroid: so far this has been like switching from an '89 Camry to a 2013 Taurus Sho.
  16. RaveD

RaveD New Member

The battery definitely needs time to reach its full potential. On my first charge, I went to sleep with 30% and the phone was off by morning. Last night I went to sleep with 35% and woke up to 27%.

The first three cycles I drained my phone until it shut down. Maybe I went a little overboard, but battery life has shown steady improvement.

My phone has now been on for 48 hours straight and is down to 15%. Granted, the phone was idle most of this time, with only a few short phone calls and maybe 15 minutes listening to Sirius XM and another hour or so of interactive use. Nevertheless, I could not be happier with this performance. All I ask is for my phone to last the full day with heavy usage at about 60% brightness without turning off WiFi, GPS, or Bluetooth. Based on my experience thus far, I don't think the MAXX HD battery will ever run out on me.
  17. tbt666

tbt666 New Member

Here is a picture of my battery life (you can see this by clicking on the graph in settings/battery) this seems kinda of odd it just seems so quick and it seems like the HD screen takes a LOT MORE battery when its awake which I know its HD but still..

View attachment 57613
  18. rmclark13

rmclark13 New Member

I was able to get 19 hours of what is consider heavy use with videos games app downloads texting all day in between and still had 32% when I charged it. I also use wifi instead of LTE in my home
  19. Kaos2flo

Kaos2flo New Member

That's crazy! from 30% to dead while sleeping!? How many days were you sleeping for? LOL. On my second charge, I went to bed for 7 hours and it only went down 1%. For reals.
Search tags for this page
battery calibration razr hd
battery on motorola razr maxx hd drains quickly
calibrate battery droid razr maxx

calibrate battery razr hd

droid razr maxx hd battery calibration

droid razr maxx hd battery conditioning

droid razr maxx hd battery draining fast

droid razr maxx hd phone idle drain battery

motorola droid maxx loose battery
razr hd battery calibration

razr maxx hd battery not lasting