Maxthon Mobile Browser - fast, smart, bookmark syncing to desktop, and more...

maxthon

Reaction score
Hello all,

We recently launched our mobile browser, and would love to hear what you guys think about it. We also operate a PC browser, which has generated over 500 million downloads.

Some of Maxthon Android browser's features include:

Sync to the Cloud - Your bookmarks/favorites travel with you from desktop to mobile.
RSS reader widget - Find, manage and read your favorite content quickly and easily
Speed Dial - Quick access of the best sites on the web.
Download Manager - Makes it easy to sort, schedule and grab the downloads you need: wherever, whenever.
Super Gesture - Use touch screen commands to surf with your fingertips.
Tab browsing - Powerful tab management that puts your mobile screen to maximum use.
Amazing speed - Get websites super fast.
Powerful personalization - Avatars and more.

Our Android Market URL: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mx.browser

The browser is currently available in: English, French, Spanish, Portugese, Polish and Chinese (both traditional and simplified)

Attachments

• Screenshot1.jpg
    Screenshot1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 565
  • Screenshot2.jpg
    Screenshot2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 345
  • Screenshot3.jpg
    Screenshot3.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 372
  • Screenshot4.jpg
    Screenshot4.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 612
OP
maxthon

maxthon

Reaction score
@Droid_3.0, thanks for trying out, feel free to let me know how I can make it better for you.. =)

Kias

Reaction score
Installed and the home screen blew my mind away! This is what I've been looking for but I just didn't know this is what I was looking for! I'll play with it for a while and report back.

Thanks!

---Where'd my sig go?---

OP
maxthon

maxthon

Reaction score
@Kias, thanks alot fo trying out Kias. We're still very new compared to all other mobile browsers. But we NEVER stop improving and we do it quick. Feel free to let me know what you like or don't like about it. =)

Kias

Reaction score
When I first installed Maxthon and fired it up, I saw this screen.

4.png

I was blown away! This is what I've been looking for! Only, I didn't even know I was looking for it until I saw it!

However, upon further investigation, the screen above, which turns out to be the new tab screen, is not editable. So, that would be my first suggestion. I would love to be able to edit these buttons and categories!

If that can't be done, I'd love to be able to edit the graphics on this screen and/or be able to dump the graphics completely.
3.png

As you can see from the site I added, I have no idea where it picked up the graphic. It looks like two pics combined...

I especially like this button.
1.png

It shows tiny snapshots of all your open tabs and they slide back and forth to quickly get to the tab you're looking for.

It is also quick! Faster than the other browsers I've tried!
2.png

It seems most other browsers out there either have too much stuff crammed into it, making it hard to figure out. Or not enough stuff... I think you've found the perfect balance. 'least for me.

Your number one priority should be to get pinch-zoom or you'll be doomed to failure. I'm not sure how long I can live without that...

...but for now I give it one star!

My Rating System: Zero Stars - Not on my phone. One Star - On my phone.

It's a pretty simple rating system.

I've definitely found my new browser <coughpinchzoomcough> for now! I even downloaded the PC version, which I'm on right now. I actually like it! Trying to get the two to sync up now. Though the big test for the PC version will be if it can run the stuff on K12.com for my son's school. IE9 won't work. Firefox is the only one that works there so far. (Haven't tried Maxthon there yet though...)

Bottom line: It's quick and it's not over packed with features I'll never use. I like it! <coughpinchzoomcough> Wish I could get rid of this nasty cough I've seemed to caught though!

--edit--
Just wanted to throw in there, that the pc and mobile version <coughpinchzoomcough> sync'd the favorites without a problem.

OP
maxthon

maxthon

Reaction score
@Kias, first of all, thank you so much for trying out Maxthon Mobile.

The pinch-to-zoom feature is coming very soon. We're all very busy coding and improving the product. Please be patient as our product only came out for a few weeks. =)

That said, we LOVE hearing from our users, please feel free to let us know what you like and what you don't like..... Have a wonderful weekend Kias....

Kias

Reaction score
@Kias, first of all, thank you so much for trying out Maxthon Mobile.

The pinch-to-zoom feature is coming very soon. We're all very busy coding and improving the product. Please be patient as our product only came out for a few weeks. =)

That said, we LOVE hearing from our users, please feel free to let us know what you like and what you don't like..... Have a wonderful weekend Kias....

That will be awesome! Hey, my cough is getting better! :icon_ banana:

Kias

Reaction score
I,m sure you know this already...

There's no spaces in any rss feeds.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
maxthon

maxthon

Reaction score
@Kias, yes we're aware of this. We've actually come up with a fix, but we just have not published the new version yet. We plan to release a version later this week (if nothing changes). =)

Thanks alot Kias..