Maximum Cellular Signal

JimBoMacJr

Reaction score
When I purchased my original Droid I started poking around DroidForums.net looking for the latest info on my new toy. I found a post that had informaton allowing you to increase the maximum transmit power output on every call. Does anybody remember that procedure? Also does anybody know if it also works on the Doid X?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you can dial *228 and then select option 2 to ensure your PRLs are up to date. This should be done once a month or so for best signal.

There may be another boost too. Not sure exactly what you're looking for.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
J

JimBoMacJr

Reaction score
Jonny, Thanks for the quick reply however that’s not it. The procedure I'm looking for allowed you to transmit at maximum signal strength regardless of your distance from the nearest cell tower. I was occasionally getting complaints from people that I was breaking up. I started poking around a few of the Droid web sites and came across other users having the same problem. What ever this fix was it worked and I stopped getting complaints. By the way this was on my Droid Google on Verizon Service. I have a Droid X and was hopping that I might be able to use the same fix. I hope this jogs your memory and again thanks for your reply.
Jim

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Occasional breakups happen. It's part of the digital signal we're transmitting. I get the same complaint if I'm talking on my Bluetooth headset and there's a lot of background noise.