[ROM] Maverick Rom for the Droid 3 (MavROM) - V4.5

stetson1818

Reaction score
------
So you think maybe I should try the same thing, re-flesh 4.5 and then overclock to 1.1 and reboot a few times and see if any shut offs occur? If you think this would fix my problem I'll be glad to try it ^_^

ya man knock yourself out, working great for me for the past 2 days now :D

freaknormel

Reaction score
Hello everyone..
Someone please tell me, how to remove the lockscreen, so that when i close the screen with power button, and push it on again ( what i do many times, ) that it is ready for use, without seeing lockscreen

alowbman

Reaction score
"After YEARS of asking and searching I did not give up the hope that some day there will be found a real (no, NOT NO LOCK!) solution how to turn off the Lockscreen.

Well, I found it and it's also pretty easy:

1. Download SQLite Editor (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedsoftware.sqleditor&hl=de)
3. Select the app "Settings Storage" "com.motorola.android.providers.settings (not the other one!)
4. Select "settings.db"
5. Select "settings"
6. Longpress on value 64 named "screen_lock" select "Edit Field" and set it to value "0"
7. Reboot

Voila the Lockscreen is gone for ever! (It won't go away if you have security pattern activated!)

Hope this helped!"

I found this on XDA Droid 3 Forum but I have not tried it and cannot say whether it works.

Sent from my DROID3 powered by MavRom 4.5

freaknormel

Reaction score
Hm, so getting rid of that lockscreen, costs me € 2.70
thanks for ur fast reply, ill keep the lockscreen:p

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Thanks for rom. Installed and working fine except for 3g, it doesn't works.. any advice?

If your using a carrier other then Verizon (US Carrier) you'll need to do various edits the system files.

A guy on XDA posted the Buildprop edits to get it working for xt860, idk if it'll help you. LINKY

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
had the issue where my screen wouldnt turn on. the soft keys would light up at first and then they eventually went dark. only way to fix it was to pull the battery.

is this a known issue? if so any fix?

B

odongo

Reaction score
Yonnor said:
If your using a carrier other then Verizon (US Carrier) you'll need to do various edits the system files.

A guy on XDA posted the Buildprop edits to get it working for xt860, idk if it'll help you. LINKY

Thanks man. Im going to search for it..

Ghleyo

Reaction score
had the issue where my screen wouldnt turn on. the soft keys would light up at first and then they eventually went dark. only way to fix it was to pull the battery.

is this a known issue? if so any fix?

B

I'm having the same issue. Would pull out my phone, swipe unlock it and screen would go black with keys on. Also happens when pulling out the keyboard. When trying to change applications in the mav toolbox, it will always force reboot for me. Now two times it's gotten stuck in boot loops. so I'm looking for another rom as a daily driver. :/

UPDATE: My phone unsafe mode was based on 890. Would this play a part on the ROM installed on the safe mode?

Last edited:

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
ya man knock yourself out, working great for me for the past 2 days now :D

Alright I'll take your idea and see what happens. Maybe the 1.1 overclock will improve performance better along with how fast the Rom really is. Wish me luck and I'll keep posted if this fixes the issue

Edit: this is a no go, shut off after a few hours of running it, looks like 4.0 is were in am gonna stay until a fix is found

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

pm2gonzales

Reaction score
Alright I'll take your idea and see what happens. Maybe the 1.1 overclock will improve performance better along with how fast the Rom really is. Wish me luck and I'll keep posted if this fixes the issue

Edit: this is a no go, shut off after a few hours of running it, looks like 4.0 is were in am gonna stay until a fix is found

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I've had the exact sane problem with MavRom 4.5, and all versions of Eclipse. It just shuts off after a while, and I have to do a battery pull to get it back on. I don't know what the cause is.

GreenSnow

Reaction score
I've had the exact sane problem with MavRom 4.5, and all versions of Eclipse. It just shuts off after a while, and I have to do a battery pull to get it back on. I don't know what the cause is.

I experienced that same thing with OC'd settings. I put it back to stock clock and its stable as he'll, have you guys tried stock?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

newjerseyninja

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've been using 1.1 overclock for a while now with no random reboots. Battery life seems a little lower but that's no big deal since I wait a little less time browsing the web etc.

My only issues with Mav4.5 so far have been:

[1] I lost the visual voicemail app from verizon, so I have no idea if I have voicemails waiting, I have to *86 to check. (Probably need a work around for this)

[2] I lost all of my contacts, logging into verizon's website did not retrieve them, so I have been manually adding them back in using Google's contact manager.

[3] Theming does not work, the themes download, they appear to install, the phone reboots, but I'm stuck with the same theme. Though the default Mav theme is a very nice looking one I was hoping to use Gold Dust.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the rom.

I also tested with the HDMI cable and it too works very well.

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
I experienced that same thing with OC'd settings. I put it back to stock clock and its stable as he'll, have you guys tried stock?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
-----
Yes the first time I flashed 4.5 I left everything normal. I just restored my missing apps via Titanium Backup Pro and that was that, no overclocking or anything and then I started getting random shut offs. I don't know what could be the problem. So then I cleared everything & went back to 4.0 until someone had mentioned that running on the 1.1 overclock worked the best, so I cleared everything again & went to 4.5 and overclocked to 1.1 then I started getting the same problems. So I don't know what could be the issue. I don't have these issues on 4.0 which is were I'll stay. I love this rom so I don't think I'll go anywhere unless Hashcode gets a working ICS or JB port, but again who knows.