[ROM] Maverick Rom for the Droid 3 (MavROM) - V4.5

doogald

Reaction score
Just curious as to why? Personal Preference? or is there an issue? Is there a theme you want in particular?

Mostly personal preference - if I remember right, I prefer the GB theme, which has a light colored notification background. I have a few apps that display in the notification bar assuming a light background, and look best that way. However, my biggest theme pet peeve is actually the default typeface. Bold is indistinguishable from normal stroke, so, when you look at the GMail app (for example), it's almost impossible to distinguish between read and unread mail. I need to replace the typeface with stock moto typefaces in order to use this ROM.

Again, personal preference; perhaps it's just me....

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
What exactly is happening? Is it happening at stock (non-oc'd) speed?
-----
Ok so when I came from 4.0 I did the usual methods of wipping everything etc. Made sure to do that. Then I flashed 4.5 and then everything seemed to be ok. Nothing major, just like what I always do. Then a day or so later while I was at work, I needed to use my phone and it was shut off. I held the power button hoping it would come on. Pulled battery and thought ok, maybe no big deal. Then a few hours later when I was wanting to use it again, it was off. Repeated the same process. Few days goes by and it does it again. So I got fed up with it and wiped everything and went back to 4.0.

It was not overclocked or anything with no custom launchers or anything. It was basicly stock blur with everything by default. Only thing I did was restore my apps from Titanium Backup but I only restore apps and not the data so I make sure everything is clean. Again I have not had this problem before 4.5 , so I think I'll wait a bit to see if something gets fixed. Besides someone else on here said he had the same problem, so its good to know that I am not the only one.

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Mostly personal preference - if I remember right, I prefer the GB theme, which has a light colored notification background. I have a few apps that display in the notification bar assuming a light background, and look best that way. However, my biggest theme pet peeve is actually the default typeface. Bold is indistinguishable from normal stroke, so, when you look at the GMail app (for example), it's almost impossible to distinguish between read and unread mail. I need to replace the typeface with stock moto typefaces in order to use this ROM.

Again, personal preference; perhaps it's just me....

I agree, for the most part I like the stock "dark" theme, but there are those few times, such as in the gmail app that it is very difficult to distinguish between read and unread messages (or in other instances one vs another) . I am definitely anxious for the themes to be working with the new update.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I agree, for the most part I like the stock "dark" theme, but there are those few times, such as in the gmail app that it is very difficult to distinguish between read and unread messages (or in other instances one vs another) . I am definitely anxious for the themes to be working with the new update.

For different fonts check out JRummy's Font Installer or some other program of that nature.

I'm personally a fan of Roboto, although it has the same gmail issues. Its one of the first things I change when I flash. That and the RAZR boot ani. :biggrin:

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
For different fonts check out JRummy's Font Installer or some other program of that nature.

I'm personally a fan of Roboto, although it has the same gmail issues. Its one of the first things I change when I flash. That and the RAZR boot ani. :biggrin:

OT: But have you seen that Blue RAZR Boot Ani? lol it looks so sexy :)

doogald

Reaction score
The folders on my SD card under /Maverick are empty - the themes do not seems to be even downloading for me. I'm waiting for this to be fixed - I can't use this ROM with the stock dark theme, especially the dark notification pulldown.

I hate quoting myself, but just as a follow up, I reinstalled mav 4.5 today and the themes did download to SD, and were installable via Safestrap. I'll leave this on for a few days to see howit works out. So far the only thing I noticed was that the battery was at about 70% when I flashed but it said 84% after restart. No big deal; it now seems accurate.

I'm hoping for better battery than stock debloated. We'll see how it goes...

stetson1818

Reaction score
anyone not having random phone shut offs? im hesitant to flash 4.5 because of so many people saying its just turning off.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
anyone not having random phone shut offs? im hesitant to flash 4.5 because of so many people saying its just turning off.

I've personally not had any random shut-offs, been running since day one of v4.5, and I'm at OC'd @ 1.1.

I feel the reboots are tied into peoples phones not agreeing with being OC'd so you won't know how your phone reacts until you try it.

stetson1818

Reaction score
I've personally not had any random shut-offs, been running since day one of v4.5, and I'm at OC'd @ 1.1.

I feel the reboots are tied into peoples phones not agreeing with being OC'd so you won't know how your phone reacts until you try it.

I had a feeling it was connected with the OC's, I havent seen anyone with the random shut offs confirm they had used an OC which made me hesitant. In light of this I may just flash it, can always go back if needed.

alowbman

Reaction score
stetson1818 said:

I have had no random shut offs and i running 1.2 overclock. Battery runs out quicker but to be expected due to overclock.

Sent from my DROID3 powered by MavRom 4.5

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
I had shutdown on 1.2.ghz, but it's been going strong for days now on 1.1ghz

Btw look what a very low WIFI and very low 2g signal does to your battery (phone 100% idle):

2012-07-24%2011.08.24.png

At least I hope that's the cause

RawrLove

Reaction score
anyone elses lockscreen quit working? mine dosent show up anymore, anyone know y?

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
----
I had the same problem when I had flashed to 4.5 however everyone keeps mentioning that this happened sometimes if you were overclocked. As I had mentioned earlier in another post, I had not done anything special in terms of flashing, just flashed the 4.5 and then used everything as it was. Only thing I did was restore the backups I had made of my apps using Titanium Backup.
Were you overclocking or anything of that nature? Again I was not overclocked with this occured.

stetson1818

Reaction score
----
I had the same problem when I had flashed to 4.5 however everyone keeps mentioning that this happened sometimes if you were overclocked. As I had mentioned earlier in another post, I had not done anything special in terms of flashing, just flashed the 4.5 and then used everything as it was. Only thing I did was restore the backups I had made of my apps using Titanium Backup.
Were you overclocking or anything of that nature? Again I was not overclocked with this occured.

i just flashed 4.5 over my 4.0 yesterday, i didn't wipe anything just a straight up flash and OC'd it to 1.1. had to restart my phone 3 times to get it to show i was using 1.1 but it says it is and i verified with setcpu.

everythings working fine on my end, not a single reboot or noticeable battery drop.

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
i just flashed 4.5 over my 4.0 yesterday, i didn't wipe anything just a straight up flash and OC'd it to 1.1. had to restart my phone 3 times to get it to show i was using 1.1 but it says it is and i verified with setcpu.

everythings working fine on my end, not a single reboot or noticeable battery drop.
------
So you think maybe I should try the same thing, re-flesh 4.5 and then overclock to 1.1 and reboot a few times and see if any shut offs occur? If you think this would fix my problem I'll be glad to try it ^_^